Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bridge Rattle  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Matt

Bridge Rattle
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »

Hi Guys,

Has anyone noticed any problems with the Parker acoustic bridges? I've got two P8E's and both seem to emmit a vibrating buzzing sort of noise when you strum them fully and on a few single notes as well.. Has anyone else noticed anything?
Also could it be a set up problem? I'm pulling my hair out trying to sort it!!

Bridge Rattle

Offline bno

Bridge Rattle
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 08:50:23 AM »
I have a p8e and it's fine.  Are you sure it's the bridge and not something related to the electronics or a piece that loose inside?
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Bridge Rattle

Offline Matt

Bridge Rattle
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:12:09 AM »
I'm not sure.. I'll try and take the jack input out tommorrow and see if there's any wires loose.. Someone also said that it could be the nut is to low for the zero fret.. Like i said i'm stumped!!

Bridge Rattle

Offline f.pinch

• http://fredpinch.com
Bridge Rattle
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 08:05:53 PM »
With the 0 fret your guitar might have to be set up, I had the same problem with my Washburn, it cost me $45.00 to have it set up & it was worth it, when you spend over a G for a good guitar whats another 40 or fifty bucks, hope it works out for you.
F.pinch
quote:
Originally posted by Matt

Hi Guys,

Has anyone noticed any problems with the Parker acoustic bridges? I've got two P8E's and both seem to emmit a vibrating buzzing sort of noise when you strum them fully and on a few single notes as well.. Has anyone else noticed anything?

fs

Bridge Rattle

Offline howard43

Bridge Rattle
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 02:50:32 PM »
quote:

Hi Guys,

Bridge Rattle

Offline howard43

Bridge Rattle
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 02:54:02 PM »
[Matt, I had that buzzing when I first got my p8 a couple of years ago. Don't bother trying to fix it. If you got it from a dealer, have them take care of it. It is loose stuff inside that has to be cleaned up. Great guitar and I use it at all my gigs but that really bugged me. All's fine now.

Howard]Originally posted by howard43

quote:

Hi Guys,

[/quote]

Bridge Rattle

Offline bc57

• http://www.myspace.com/brucecrichton
Bridge Rattle
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 05:56:15 AM »
loose brace also possibility...loose cords inside....broken string end.
Bruce===:::