Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Official mod to fix forward lean on trem bridges  (Read 18091 times)

Offline billy

Re: Official mod to fix forward lean on trem bridges
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2017, 08:17:41 PM »
My pleasure. I know I did a lot of head scratching initially.

My sincere hope is that it relieves some of the anxiety of not knowing what's going on or what's involved in fixing it.

Also wanted to add a note of thanks to tinmachine, both for his tip about using the nitefly bushings, and also a heads up on the mojo shell.  I meant to put that in the pdf but it was a late nite and a crazy day at work.  I'll update it when I get a chance. 
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline jjozwia

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2017, 09:12:30 PM »
Well darn thats easy when put like that!  Thank you for putting this together!!!

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2017, 12:58:38 PM »
Thanks Billy !  I don't need to fix my trem, but I still enjoyed reading your instructional manual, just for fun.
And my favorite part is the disclaimer at the end.   :)
'96 Fly Classic, Cherry Red          '09 Artist, Custom Hard Tail          MIJ Strat           PRS Custom 22  
Mesa Amps (Express5:25, MarkV:25, Nomad45, DC-5)

Offline TinMachine

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2017, 06:24:12 PM »
Always a pleasure to help Billy.

Offline alber.t

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2017, 08:07:53 PM »
I want thank Billy for helping me with my Parker bridge problem publicly.  And always generously and kindly. Thanks to the help of Billy,Tin Machine and all the other experts of the forum, we can keep our PArkers alive. They are very special guitars for more special people. It's a pleasure to be part of the Parker family. I know we are few and we have to take care of ourselves. It's a shame that a guitar so exceptional has not been lucky.

Thanks to Billy again because with his help I'm recovering the guitar that my grandfather gave me before he died. It's very special to me.

Thank you and God bless you.

Offline bembamboo

« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2017, 04:40:01 PM »
grrrreat work everyone.  a question on flys.  is the set screw between the bushing and the post the same as the night fly grub screw between its different bushing?  can the screw be damaged by the leaning post??

Offline billy

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2017, 09:08:59 AM »
The screws are different.  The fly has a traditional hex head screw.  The nitefly has double sided hex head grub screws.

They are the same thread and pitch though, so the same posts fit both.

In my opinion, the screws are beefy enough that it shouldn't damage them.  Part of the problem is that there is limited thread engagement, maybe 1 or 2 threads in the worst cases.  The natural "slop" between mating threads (which allows you to get a screw started) is one of the things that allows the post to lean.  The "slop" greatly decreases as thread engagement increases.

And I'm very glad if this helped anyone!
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]