Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LLLLLadies and gentlemen!  (Read 14066 times)

Offline Dreamsy

LLLLLadies and gentlemen!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 10:02:28 AM »
quote:

2 reasons - 1st is that Parker don't do the hexpander for whatever reason. The other is that I'm using the pickup for VG-99 which is COSM modelling, not midi triggering, although  do use the Axon AX50 as well. I'm in your neck of the woods tonight - 13th arondissement - with the guitars :-).

OK thanks for the explanations. I'm not in Paris unfortunatly, but I hope you'll enjoy your stay. Let me know if I can beof any help while you're here!
Fly Classic Custom

Offline lucgravely

• the odds have it.
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 02:50:56 PM »
Top notch custom work from the Parker guys!
Luc Gravely
Parker Fly Mojo Singlecut
Parker NiteFly NV1
Mesa/Boogie Mark I
1966 Fender BandMaster
A few pedals...

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 06:15:35 PM »
That's a beautiful finish with some cool tweaks. I never really noticed how compact the Parker bridge is until you see it next to a Floyd Rose style bridge on the same type of guitar - the Parker bridge is almost half the size of the Floyd Rose bridge. Just an observation. I don't think it looks bad at all.

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams
http://improvisingguitarists.ning.com/profile/PaulMarossy

Offline AndyI

• andyinnes.com
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 04:49:30 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill

You are the first I know to simultaneously acquire a Bronze and an Artist. Please do an A/B sometime on the piezo's. I just want to know if there is any significant difference in the tones since they are so closely related.

Hi Bill

Here are two clips - the artist piezos on one track and the bronze on the other. Apart from a bit of reverb and delay, the tone is flat on both guitars, recorded with the same settings on the DAW.

The piece is a poor imitation of a Lionel Bastos track called Forget About You with a jam over the verses. Forgive the mistakes, but I wasn't about to do 30 takes for a pickup comparison [:)]

Bronze clip: http://www.khangula.co.za/parkertests/Bronze_fly01.mp3

Artist clip:  http://www.khangula.co.za/parkertests/artist_01.mp3

Regards

Andy

Fly Deluxe '96 | Fly Mojo '05 | '09 Artist | custom HSS Midi Fly | bronze fly '09 | Mesa Boogie Roadster head + 2 x 12 / 4 x 12 | AER Compact 60 | TC Electronic G System | Lehle stereo switchers and P Split | Taylor 815ce | Taylor 410ce | Fender RR Strat | Axon AX50 | Gibson Chet Atkins SST | Takamine Nylon CP132SC |  Ovation mm68 mandolin | Roland VG-99 | TC Electronic Nova System
Solo album Anthems of a Stranger out at www.andyinnes.com or on iTunes

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 06:46:00 AM »
Nice playing Andy! They both sound great. The Bronze sounds a bit brighter to me but they both sound excellent. Hard to choose between for me. [8D]

'97 Alex Artist 4lbs12oz; '99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 Custom TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '98 Custom 3-Tone Sunburst Artist (Hardtail)5lbs2oz; '96 Dayn Deluxe (Hardtail)5lbs; Line6 Flextone 3 Amp; Line 6 Vetta II Amp
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline Noodler

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 08:06:58 AM »
In this recording scenario the Bronze clearly wins IMO.

Offline AndyI

• andyinnes.com
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 08:15:44 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Noodler

In this recording scenario the Bronze clearly wins IMO.

I agree - and this is all flat and digital. You should hear the difference when the bronze is moving air through a big PA. I just send it DI to the desk and the engineer pops a touch of reverb on there. It's absolutely magnificent and sings in the mix. Sounds like a big fat Taylor Jumbo or GA. I know this because up until now I was playing a Taylor 815CE in the house for the acoustic stuff.

Fly Deluxe '96 | Fly Mojo '05 | '09 Artist | custom HSS Midi Fly | bronze fly '09 | Mesa Boogie Roadster head + 2 x 12 / 4 x 12 | AER Compact 60 | TC Electronic G System | Lehle stereo switchers and P Split | Taylor 815ce | Taylor 410ce | Fender RR Strat | Axon AX50 | Gibson Chet Atkins SST | Takamine Nylon CP132SC |  Ovation mm68 mandolin | Roland VG-99 | TC Electronic Nova System

Offline Strandwolf

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577969013
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 09:56:55 AM »
O M F G

What are their weights?
Parkers: Pick, cap, T-shirt, clock, and other assorted accouterments

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »
Thanks AndyT that was very nice of you to post those clips.

And they were both awesome. Great playing.

I agree the bronze sounded a little clearer but they both sounded great. Could just be the string difference as others have postulated.

Anyway, congratulations again on a great trio and with your abilities, you deserve them.

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup

Offline kbgeezer99

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 09:10:59 AM »
Awsome...wife would go sleep in the rehearse room and the baby in the bed..WOW.
can you share how long it took, where done...price we know: a lot.

thanks.

Offline AndyI

• andyinnes.com
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 03:22:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kbgeezer99

Awsome...wife would go sleep in the rehearse room and the baby in the bed..WOW.
can you share how long it took, where done...price we know: a lot.

thanks.

Took about four months. Built in Chicago (Mundelein - obviously). I sent my required spec through to the factory and after a bit of back and forth, we settled on a final spec for the guitar. Plays nicely, although I had to replace two shrieking pups and am currently having a local shop rewire the axe with dual concentric pot and a few other mods to get it to the spec I originally ordered (master vol, mag vol, piezo vol, gk vol - rather than Mag vol, tone, etc.)

Parker can apparently do this guitar for any takers and gave me an indication of market price. PM me if you want that info.

One thing I have to say - the GK on this instrument sounds far better through the VG99 than the Roland Ready Strat equivalent (I have both and have A/B'd them). There is DEFINITELY a difference when mounting the pickup to a quality instrument.

A

Fly Deluxe '96 | Fly Mojo '05 | '09 Artist | custom HSS Midi Fly | bronze fly '09 | Mesa Boogie Roadster head + 2 x 12 / 4 x 12 | AER Compact 60 | TC Electronic G System | Lehle stereo switchers and P Split | Martin OMJM Numbered John Mayer Signature| Taylor 815ce | Taylor 410ce | Fender RR Strat | Axon AX50 | Gibson Chet Atkins SST | Takamine Nylon CP132SC |  Ovation mm68 mandolin | Roland VG-99 | TC Electronic Nova System

Offline kbgeezer99

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 06:50:06 AM »
Boah !! Beautiful taste you have.

One thing I noticed following the threads..not many posts on the FLY Mojo Midi here...is it because you guys do like guitars only distorted and amped but no MIDI or is it because the Mojo MIDI has something that is not of your liking?

Have Godin MultiAC GK-enabled and so now and then it is a hell of a fun to use MIDI.

...just wondering....and tempted between Fly Deluxe and Mojo MIDI - (for both I'd have to sell my mother and law, but no offers on e-bay so far...)

Offline AndyI

• andyinnes.com
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »
I don't think a lot of people are playing the Mojo Midis. I have a Deluxe (pre-refined), I have a Mojo and I have this "super Mojo midi". If you're tossing up between a deluxe and a mojo midi, I'd say go for the Mojo Midi. Especially if you're using it for any flavour of rock or pop. If you're playing jazz or fingerstyle, I'd try first if I were you.

The standard Mojo's tone is more versatile for my money than that of the deluxe and if you throw in the GK3, it really stands out. The GK3 is obviously better suited to the VG-style modelling than straight triggering. I use it for triggering midi in my studio through an Axon AX50 with no trouble, but I have been told that you're better off with a RMC or ghost system for tracking, which AFAIK Parker doesn't offer at the moment. It might be wired for that on the Belew model, but certainly none of the other lower-priced production models.

Having said that, the versatility and tone you would get from a Mojo Midi with a good amp, combined with the VG-99 is interstellar!

HTH

A

edit: PS, you could get a Deluxe Midi if you wanted the best of both worlds - the custom in this post is effectively a Deluxe Midi with floyd and HSS

Fly Deluxe '96 | Fly Mojo '05 | '09 Artist | custom HSS Midi Fly | bronze fly '09 | Mesa Boogie Roadster head + 2 x 12 / 4 x 12 | AER Compact 60 | TC Electronic G System | Lehle stereo switchers and P Split | Martin OMJM Numbered John Mayer Signature| Taylor 815ce | Taylor 410ce | Fender RR Strat | Axon AX50 | Gibson Chet Atkins SST | Takamine Nylon CP132SC |  Ovation mm68 mandolin | Roland VG-99 | TC Electronic Nova System
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:42:01 PM by AndyI »

Offline AndyI

• andyinnes.com
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2010, 08:19:20 AM »
Here are some pics of the axes from live shows. Almost one year down the line, I have to say that the Bronze and the Custom are my faves. The Graphtech piezos in the LB63 Floyd Bridge are an interesting alternative to the stock Fishman fly piezos. I think I actually prefer them. I did disconnect the GK1 and put in a Ghost piggyback assembly for the piezos and midi, leaving the mags as they were, but obviously routing through the Graphtech pre instead of the powerchip.

The artist is a nice even-toned guitar, but I find I prefer my '96 deluxe for versatility and of course Master Volume! I found the use of master vol on the original Fly became a large part of my playing style and still is. This is why I've been through the rack to get master volume sorted out on the custom.

The Bronze Fly is an amazing guitar. I play it DI'd with the DI thru signal coming back at me via an acoustic amp onstage to get some reverb back at me along with the full range sound from the wedge. All our FOH engineers love the sound of the bronze both solo and as part of the mix.

Offline redcloud

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2010, 10:52:25 AM »
WOW, very nice.  So, can we call that a plethora of Parkers?

Gibson LP "Traditional"
Collings "City Limits Jazz"
Parker Fly LTD Koa #17/25
Fender CS Road Show '10 LTD Strat

Peavey "Delta Blues"
Fender "Acoustasonic SFXII"
Schertler "Unico"

Many Acoustic Guitars
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:01:33 AM by redcloud »