Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: price on fly mojo  (Read 3044 times)

Offline cporro

price on fly mojo
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:56:28 AM »
short story. i've had a bad run with the necks on strats. i looked at the specs on the mojo and my strat. i see that the mojo is a little wider and flatter as it nears the higher frets. i'm willing to give it a try.

anyway, there is a transparent cherry fly mojo for sale near me. "excellent" condition and they want $1,500. is this a decent price? what should i look for when i play it? i intend to bring my strat for a comparison. i'm going to ask him for the serial to see what year it is. i guess they started these in 2003 before the company was sold.

any  help is appreciated.

Re: price on fly mojo

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 10:05:29 AM »
Welcome to the Parker Forum cporro! That does sound like a good price for a Fly Mojo in excellent shape. You'll be able to tell when you see it and play it. Good luck!  8)
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:26:36 AM »
what should i look for when i play it? i intend to bring my strat for a comparison. i'm going to ask him for the serial to see what year it is. i guess they started these in 2003 before the company was sold.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the Fly Mojo exists only in the refined form. If that's right, it shouldn't matter much what year it was made. (And this is a Fly Mojo and not a Fly Mojo Single Cut, correct? Two different instruments.)

I would just warn you about three things when comparing: 1) Flys can sort of simulate some Strat sounds, but cannot duplicate all of them, 2) check to see if the Fly's upper horn pokes you in the chest when you play, and 3) if you have the green light on those issues, just prepare to be blown away.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline cporro

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 11:54:19 AM »
the sound i use 80% of the time on my strat is the bridge pickup. it's the only way i can get the bass to be tight. i rarely like the sound of summed pickups. sound on sound had a product profiled that did a great job of eliminating hum on a single coil...can't remember name. my current pickups are dimarzio dp 415 N&M, 416 bridge.

the mojo has push-pull coil tap but isn't this different then a true single coil? i was reading it is. guess i'll find out when i compare them.

he says it's a fly mojo, not single cut. but that's why i want the serial to find out exactly. he says he won't give it out because of scammers. is this a real thing?

i'll take of the horn poke. thx.

i'm so tired of dealing with bad necks. maybe a parker will be a breath of fresh air.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »
the mojo has push-pull coil tap but isn't this different then a true single coil? i was reading it is. guess i'll find out when i compare them.

Different, but pretty similar to my ears.

he says it's a fly mojo, not single cut. but that's why i want the serial to find out exactly. he says he won't give it out because of scammers. is this a real thing?

Yes, a small number of sellers are reluctant to release that information, I guess for fear that someone is going to steal the photos and description to 'sell' an imaginary guitar.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline cporro

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 01:14:16 PM »
Yes, a small number of sellers are reluctant to release that information, I guess for fear that someone is going to steal the photos and description to 'sell' an imaginary guitar.

good to know it exists. i was concerned it might be stolen and the serial on file as stolen somewhere. but it seems you could easily "make up" a guitar just the same. oh well, i believe this guy until he rolls me. :)

Offline luke_h

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 07:37:20 AM »
Parker is expensive guitar, and really good models start from about 1800 - 2000$. So, if the guitar for about 1500$ is in really good condition, maybe that's the good price. But can't tell you more without seeing it at least on the image