Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dragonfly Bolt-On Prototype on the Bay  (Read 7609 times)

Offline Noodler

Dragonfly Bolt-On Prototype on the Bay
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 12:48:26 PM »
I believe that we played proto #1 during the tour since it did not have the new headstock design yet like proto #2.  The satin finish was great - very nice in person and the guitar just felt great - a wonderful player.  Even though the neck materials do not include the carbon, the neck felt like a Parker.  I was instantly comfortable with the guitar and I'm definitely excited to see them finally come available.

Offline BillyT

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 02:14:13 PM »
Noodler,

You played DFbolton # whatever. I have three here in the shop. What is here on ebay is the first that were completed in the final format that would be offered for sale. They are truly #1 and #2 as a proto guitar goes. Even though the ones we still have in the shop were made prior to the ones offered on Ebay, they were not as well aligned, intonated etc as these. The guitars that were here for you to play were completed as guitars for evaluation and proof of concept only, but weren't really clean enough to let go as examples for the public to see and evaluate what would be leaving the factory for sale. The ones we still have here also did not have the Piezos. I'm sure at some point they will be either archived here or sold as flaws to someone. For clarity's sake I will probably mark them as test #1, #2 etc and sign them so they will not be confused for what has become a production instrument.

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 04:29:47 PM »
Hello BillyT
since I am totally into the coil spring trems I wonder if ALL new DragonBolts will have the Nitefly bridge or only this particular prototype? Because if not I'll have to hurry and get THIS proto. (although I would love to have the rootbeer finish on it)

Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by BillyT

There are actually three holes for the bridge. Two are for adjustment of bridge height and one is for setting a pullback stop point. This guitar uses the nitefly bridge, so the two slots in the backplate are for adjusting the springs without having to take off the backplate.

H‚àƒJƒ‰ƒtƒ‹‚ÉŒˆ‚ß‚½‚¢!eŽqƒIƒ\\ƒ‚Å’–Ú“xNo1š‘ål‹C‚̐Vì‰¤Š¥ƒAƒCƒeƒ€&˜b‘è‚̃Rƒ‰ƒ{ƒAƒCƒeƒ€‚È‚Ç‚È‚Ç‘±X“ü‰×’†ô

Offline BillyT

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 07:15:22 PM »
Dragonfly bolts use nitefly spring trems.

Offline lucgravely

• the odds have it.
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 12:10:08 PM »
I hope they release the oil finish again, I am totally wanting a oil finish non-painted fly but don't have the cash for a few months.
Luc Gravely
Parker Fly Mojo Singlecut
Parker NiteFly NV1
Mesa/Boogie Mark I
1966 Fender BandMaster
A few pedals...

Offline doombilly

• http://illicitizen.com
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 01:15:30 PM »
I'm leaning the other way as I've raked the heck outa my Nitelfy M's face with the pick.

http://illicitizen.com

Offline BillyT

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 02:05:14 PM »
The finish is natural color, but it is a Polyester base coat that is very hard, with a Urethane satin top coat. It looks like an oil finish, but it is hard and scratch reistant to some degree.