Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: distortion  (Read 2113 times)

Offline martinparker

distortion
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:17:18 AM »
Have just bought a P8en and plugged it in for the first time. I tried both 1/4 jack and xlr through DI and direct into the PA but get a fuzzy distorted sound with all options. Changed the battery but still have problem. Any clues?
Martin Parker

distortion

Offline martinparker

distortion
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 02:04:11 PM »
Update on this - sound is clean on individual strings so long as magnetic pickup is zeroed but strumming chords makes a dirty sound even with all the knobs set to zero. XLR also picks up radio stations! Where are those warm sounds folks are writing about? Am I doing something wrong?
Martin Parker

distortion

Offline Ron Vermillion

distortion
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 02:03:20 PM »
Now you discover you live under a high line wire or something. I don't have any suggestions - Oops here's one - does it do this in other places? I used to have a buddy who was a disk jockey. I would go visit him at the late night shift at the radio station. One night for grins and giggles I took a cheap strat copy and a small amp with me. I got huge buzzess and static and cross talk on the Strat. The transmitter for the station was sitting right out back of the building 1500 ft in the air.

Big Ron

Ron Vermillion
ronvermillion@comcast.net
2007 Fly Mojo Natural Mahogany
And a Room full of other dusty guitars.
Ron Vermillion
ronvermillion2176@gmail.com
2007 Fly Mojo Natural Mahogany