Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: my new Parker PM 20 BLH  (Read 7059 times)

Offline call_me_ismael

• http://last.fm/user/standard_user
my new Parker PM 20 BLH
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:58:38 AM »
as you can see here is my new baby from Parker - PM 20 lefty model. too bad P-series are being discontinued by Parker.[V]

my new Parker PM 20 BLH

Offline danjazzny

my new Parker PM 20 BLH
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 06:21:58 AM »
Welcome to the Parker Forum CMI! Enjoy your PM 20 and maybe check out some of the other Parker's!! [8D]

'97 Alex Artist 4lbs12oz; '99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 Custom TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '98 Custom 3-Tone Sunburst Artist (Hardtail)5lbs2oz; '96 Dayn Deluxe (Hardtail)5lbs; Line6 Flextone 3 Amp; Line 6 Vetta II Amp
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

my new Parker PM 20 BLH

Offline sfw

my new Parker PM 20 BLH
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:42:50 AM »
Nice indeed. Welcome aboard. Fun to see a lefty on here, there are/were so few even of th p-series. Maybe even just some prototypes/sample shipments. Enjoy, we love out p10 and p20 in our house.
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

my new Parker PM 20 BLH

Offline Highlander

my new Parker PM 20 BLH
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 02:36:25 PM »
I have this same guitar,but has Tunomatic and stop tailpiece, 2 knobs and 6 on a side headstock...bought on Ebay as PM-10.

Anyway, VERY nice guitar for the money! I put EMG's and a Kahler trem on mine to keep the Stealth Black look, and its an amazing little guitar!!

Scott

my new Parker PM 20 BLH

Offline sfw

my new Parker PM 20 BLH
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:36:24 PM »
Curious about the EMG install. Which ones? Did you need to do any additional routing for the pups? Where did you mount the battery, or did you just use the passive EMGs. I was considering this and any help and pics would be cool.
- Scott

Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

my new Parker PM 20 BLH

Offline Twanking45

my new Parker PM 20 BLH
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 05:00:50 PM »
This from a post in the "P-Series" category:

"Is it piano-glossy-black? If so it could be the fabled Parker-binge PM-20. As the legend goes, Ken Parker was in the Chicago area, obsessively skulking around the Parker factory subsisting on nothing but White Castle jalapeno-burgers and Dexedrine. He broke in one night and, in a frenzy of luthieric activity, built one guitar: a glossy black PM-20. An odd choice since the PM-20 is one of the cheaper models but I suppose ordinary people like us can't make sense of the mind of genius. Anyway, all we have as proof of Parker's midnight guitar build is the security cam footage at the factor and it's rumored that he was mumbling incoherently and weeping uncontrollably, likely due to the emotional instability brought on by his intake of barbiturates and process beef. It's believed that the paint sprayer caught his tears and that the Parker-Binge PM-20 is imbued with an element of Ken Parkers essence, his genius.
Allegedly Parker took the guitar with him when he ambled half-conscious out of the factory at dawn and later admitted to US Music Corps lawyers that he'd traded it to the manager of a White Castle in Gary, Indiana for a 30-burger Crave Case, an order of chicken rings and a Sprite.

If you indeed are the owner of the Binge-Guitar, you may be in possession of the most valuable Parker Guitar of all time. Only Parker himself can tell you if yours is the one. I suggest you take a road trip to his home by the Hudson north of New York City. Along the way you'll discover hardship, friendship, tits, truth and perhaps even yourself. At the end you'll have a moment of pure wisdom with the master-- Ken Parker. After several 20-sacks of white castle burgers he may just let you in on The Secret of the Picea Bachus, otherwise known as The Drunken Spruce: the finest tree with which to make instruments. Extraordinarily rare, its whereabouts have only been known and past down by top-class luthiers such as Andrea Amati, Antonio Stradivari, Leandro Bisiach and Anne Cole. Good luck!"

Twank

-SA Nitefly SSS (1995)
-Parker Deluxe (1996)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:01:08 PM by Twanking45 »
>>---> TWANK <---<<

-Nitefly V3 (1997)
-Parker Deluxe (1996)

my new Parker PM 20 BLH

Offline sfw

my new Parker PM 20 BLH
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 05:47:44 PM »
Twank,

P-series are not Fly's, I certainly agree. But that are good guitars. I wouldn't want someone coming here to think otherwise. As we all know, Ken didn't have anything to do with the p-series, don't think anyone would suggest that at Parker or on the forum without misrepresenting themselves. I love my Nitefly's and the Fly's that have been through the house have been great. Funny though, the pm10 is still here too :)
- Scott

my new Parker PM 20 BLH

Offline Highlander

my new Parker PM 20 BLH
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by sfw

Curious about the EMG install. Which ones? Did you need to do any additional routing for the pups? Where did you mount the battery, or did you just use the passive EMGs. I was considering this and any help and pics would be cool.

- Scott

Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty, Saving for Hanna Montana NiteFly

I used the 81-85 set with Afterburner add-on. I didnt have to route anything to get the pickups in, and they look great!

I will post pics soon,

Scott

my new Parker PM 20 BLH

Offline Old Man Arthur

my new Parker PM 20 BLH
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 09:52:44 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by call_me_ismael

as you can see here is my new baby from Parker - PM 20 lefty model. too bad P-series are being discontinued by Parker.[V]

Well... It has been done!
I went to the Parker website to look-up the neck radius of my PM20 and NO P-Series.
So Parker is trying to pretend that there didn't peddle Indonesian guitars?
Kinda like waking-up in a strange bed with a hang-over and trying to pretend that you didn't sleep with that person!

BTW-- I LIKE my PM20!  Set-neck, coil taps, good wood...

I have Many guitars and my Parker PM20 is one of the best!  The P36 is good too.

Parkers> P-36 & PM20,
Ovations> 1271, Adamas II 1681-5, 1778T, 1778T-OF, 6778LX, 1778T, '07C, 2058T, CK047-FKOA,
Lyon "strat", BC Rich Warbeast & Masterpiece Bich,
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:55:20 AM by Old Man Arthur »
Parkers> P-36 & PM20,
Ovations> 1271, Adamas II 1681-5, 1778T-OF, 6778LX, 1778T, '07C, 2058T, CK047-FKOA,
Lyon "strat", BC Rich Draco & KKV-G2 & Perfect 10 Bich,

my new Parker PM 20 BLH

Offline sybersitizen

my new Parker PM 20 BLH
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 11:32:04 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Old Man Arthur

I went to the Parker website to look-up the neck radius of my PM20 and NO P-Series. So Parker is trying to pretend that there didn't peddle Indonesian guitars?

Hi there, and welcome. I don't think that's the reason. If models are being dropped it's most likely because of an urge to simplify the product line. In fact, the lower priced Parkers are still being made in Asia.

'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers