Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mojo thru a Bogner XTC - new songs rock  (Read 4387 times)

Offline guitarmanuk

Mojo thru a Bogner XTC - new songs rock
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 07:29:55 AM »
Steve ... sounding good.  Initially Mela reminded me a bit of Julianne Regan (All About Eve) but then went on a bit more like Evanesence i.e. more rock chick (in a good way) ... I really liked it.   I also loved your playing on the track.  

How did you get on in Surface Unsigned?  I hope you progressed, it would be a travisty if you didn't.

www.dancineasy.co.uk - wedding/function band
www.saxandguitar.co.uk - sax and guitar duo
www.kimcypherband.co.uk - jazz/funk/blues/reggae band
David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green
1997 Parker Fly Concert Butterscotch

Offline stevie axeman

• http://www.myspace.com/stevieaxeman
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 10:45:52 AM »
Hi David - thanks
we got thru round 1 - but the whole organisation and sound on the night was dire
We are thinking of pulling out as increasingly it just seems like a money making deal only for the promoters by charging very high tickets prices and taking an "entry fee" from what must be a few thousand bands UK wide.
There was no promotion of the event happening  - the whole point of doing it for us was to get some exposure.

*New! Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser! ,  Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany Fly Mojo, Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic (in Purple!), Fender Blues DeVille, Fishman Performer amps
Roland GR33/Digitech GNX/Fishman Aura Blender, Sequis Motherload Elemental
Majik Blue 02 Fly Deluxe, Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany 05 Fly Mojo, Vigier Shawn Lane, Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser ,   Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic ,Fishman Performer amps
,Fishman Aura Blender,

Offline Noodler

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 07:11:26 AM »
I love the sound with Mela in the fold now.  Very nice song (Reaching).  The only suggestion I have though is to work on the mix.  Give Mela more of the "stage" - pull back the guitars.  I know that probably sounds crazy coming from a guitarist, but I'd like to hear Mela a little more upfront and clearer in the mix.

Offline stevie axeman

• http://www.myspace.com/stevieaxeman
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 08:25:24 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Noodler

I love the sound with Mela in the fold now.  Very nice song (Reaching).  The only suggestion I have though is to work on the mix.  Give Mela more of the "stage" - pull back the guitars.  I know that probably sounds crazy coming from a guitarist, but I'd like to hear Mela a little more upfront and clearer in the mix.

Good feedback mate - it was a challenge to mix this one  due to the amount of riffage going on. We are aware its probably only demo quality at mo. Watch this space for the other tracks which have more air" in them

*New! Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser! ,  Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany Fly Mojo, Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic (in Purple!), Fender Blues DeVille, Fishman Performer amps
Roland GR33/Digitech GNX/Fishman Aura Blender, Sequis Motherload Elemental
Majik Blue 02 Fly Deluxe, Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany 05 Fly Mojo, Vigier Shawn Lane, Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser ,   Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic ,Fishman Performer amps
,Fishman Aura Blender,