Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any chance of parker making an acoustic?  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Prozak

Any chance of parker making an acoustic?
« on: March 28, 2005, 10:27:56 AM »
That's something I'd really like to see.

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 12:56:12 PM »
Yes I agree. I asked about it in another section. I am seriously think of having one made myself. I would buy the Nitefly neck which I think is a little better for an acoustic as it is slightly thicker front to back and slight narrower. Kiso Klein make acoustics with bolt on necks. I would go for a bolt on neck acoustic if it was a Parker neck.[:)]

1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
200? Parker NiteFly S/S/H
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 12:56:42 PM by 908ssp »
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline Jason Davis

• http://www.JasonDavisMusic.com
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 02:20:03 PM »
Emerald Guitars uses Parker fingerboards on their guitars, and the guitars are made of carbon.  So, it is somewhat related to Parker...but not reallly.  8^)

Jason Davis
www.JasonDavisMusic.com

Loud, dangerous music...the way rock was intended.

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 03:00:22 PM »
i have heard many mixed reviews of the emerald guitars.  i don't know if a parker acoustic would be totally made of carbon.  i was imagining something with a wood top and neck for sure.  no idea what the market would be for a parker acoustic though.  parker electrics sell like hot cakes around here, but i've seen rainsong acoustics, aluminum martins, and even ovations sit on shelves for years.  i, myself, am not a fan of the rainsongs or the ovations, and i think the martins are outrageously high priced for the level of workmanship and materials...but that's just me.

as for a parker acoustic, i would definately have to try it out before i'd tell you if i wanted one.  but i would definately try one out! [;)]

Offline Prozak

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 03:51:07 PM »
Well composite material seems to come to mind oftem times when the name Parker is heard. I'm not sure if a true Parker would be an all composite material guitar like a rainsong or an emerald, because the current Parker Fly is a guitar made of wood reinforced by the composite material. I would expect something similar for an acoustic.