Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for Parker Fly Deluxe  (Read 2421 times)

Offline zoomclub

Looking for Parker Fly Deluxe
« on: April 25, 2010, 01:31:48 AM »
Hi all,

Its been 10 years now since my 1996 Magic Blue Parker Fly Deluxe was stolen and never found. I played it for 4 very magical years and wrote a ton of wild tunes on it, my own brand of progressive rock that used both the electric and acoustic sounds of the Parker.

Since that time I've kept the guitar playing faith with my 25 year old Washburn semi-acoustic patched through Garageband for some extra punch. This has kept me company while working on a large software project but I have always missed my Parker a lot. Me and the Parker were one.

Recently I have more time to spend and I'd like to learn more about shredding. Not having much money I bought a $400 electric at a local store. I brought it home, it sounded like bolagna and I returned it!

That was me trying to make do but I realized that the Parker is simply the only guitar I will ever love. I tried more expensive guitars at the local store but I can not get myself to invest in them because Parker is the guitar for me.

So, now I have a dilemma. I have to shell out a lot of money I do not have presently for a Parker. Well, maybe I can finance it? Around here (Winnipeg, Manitoba) no music store can get a Parker, damm! Okay, maybe there's a Parker somewhere out on the internet for me?

Looking around the net they are all very expensive and I just can not afford it right now. With financing I would go for it but stores here can not get a Parker and I'm not sure I can get financing online. I'd even be happy with a used Parker Fly Deluxe if it was in reasonable shape and affordable so I could pay for it myself.

Maybe someone knows of better options. I have been out of the loop when it comes to purchasing guitars so my connections are limited.

Thom

Offline wkcchampion

• http://pregnosplatter.altervista.org
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 06:21:40 AM »
yo! welcome aboard!

You can snatch a non-refined Fly (mid-90s) with 1000 eur! ;)
Used Flys are not worth much :(
I paid Eldy even less than that.

---------
Marco
http://pregnosplatter.altervista.org

Pearl White 2008 Fly Mojo :)
"Eldy" / Majik Blue 1995 Fly Deluxe (Gen1 Di Marzio PUs)
POD X3 Pro
VOX AC30CC2X modded
Marshall JMP-1 + EL34 50/50
Palmer PDI-03
(more gear on my website)

"I haven't got a 1968 Plexi, but.. I've got 1968 Rayban Aviators! :)"
---------
Marco

My Fly bridge setup guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-bURNmuDq2-a0VPd3lPZldwVmc/view?usp=sharing

Pearl White 2008 Fly Mojo (Fralin PUs)
"Eldy" / Majik Blue 1995 Fly Deluxe (Gen1 PUs)
Various vintage and modern Marshall/Vox/Laney amps
Rockman + other rack stuff
Boss GT-100

Offline www_Ps_com

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 09:33:17 AM »
If your goal is to learn more about shredding buying a guitar will do nothing for you in that regard. If you want to become a better player you have to put the hours in. Practicing with a non-shred-guitar actually will be an advantage here, because what you can play on a "difficult-to-play" guitar you can play on any guitar. So my conclusion is: You don't need a Fly. How fitting since you don't even have the money for it.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by zoomclub

... I'd even be happy with a used Parker Fly Deluxe if it was in reasonable shape and affordable so I could pay for it myself.

Hi there, and welcome. The Deluxe is a fine choice, and bargains are out there. In the last few months I've seen many nice used Deluxes (including the one I bought) go for less than US$1000. The best sources I know of are eBay, guitarcenter.com, thegearpage.net, and this forum. Just check them frequently and be ready to act. Regarding financing, you can pay for eBay purchases with a credit card. And it looks like guitarcenter.com offers a financing option as well:

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/financing/

(I don't think they ship to Canada, but maybe you have a US friend who could handle the transaction and get the guitar to you.)

But if a grand is stretching the budget too far, there are other used Parker models out there for around half that. One of those might also do the job for you.

'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline bno

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 02:24:28 PM »
Look for a used Nitefly - you can pick one up in the $600 range if your patient.  If you want a cheap guitar, the Parker P-series not bad and a very good value in the $350 range.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.