Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bass Electronics: Pre-Amp  (Read 2942 times)

Offline verhoevc

Bass Electronics: Pre-Amp
« on: June 08, 2010, 05:46:45 AM »
Hey guys. I stumbled upon a Parker bass pre-amp circuit board but am a little confused as to what it's actually doing in these basses since there's NO info around online for them. If someone could take a couple pictures of the insides of their control cavity that would be a HUGE help to me!
Thanks,
Chris

Offline verhoevc

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »
I guess I should maybe elaborate a little more on what I'm interested in learning. I'm particularly interested in information regarding this part:

I can't see any solder points so I'm curious to see where/how this attaches to pickup leads, etc. Also, I'm curious as to what each of the 3 knobs associated with this board do on the Fly Bass. Mainly cause if it's a piezo/active pickup blender I'm not really interested in the part, but if it's truly a pre-amp to run some active pickups off, then that'd suit me just fine [:D]
Chris

Offline BrainWorm

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 12:19:20 AM »
3 knobs could be for the two magnetic pickups, the magnetics have a blend pot, not separate  volume controls. This is on my Fly bass. Then in line with the magnetic blend pot are a magnetic volume pot and a master volume pot. There are two (or 4 more pots, the 2 pots are stacked pots, 2 controls on each stack) pots, one (or 2) for magnetic active boost of treble and bass tone, the another pot (or 2) for the piezo volume and piezo tone.

The master volume controls total volume from magnetics and piezo.
Hope I've remembered this correctly, if I have not played the bass for a while I forget what the knobs are doing.

"Brainverms come crawling and creeping and eat you when you're sleeping."

Offline verhoevc

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 04:14:33 AM »
I would still love a picture if anyone's got the time so I can see how it hooks up into the circuit, where the solder points are, etc.
Thanks,
Chris

Offline verhoevc

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 03:04:30 AM »
Bump?
Chris

Offline BrainWorm

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 09:58:36 PM »
https://public.me.com/brainworm

There are some photos of the inside of my bass. If I knew how to take photos they would be  better. Had to read the manual to figure out how the camera works so I don't have much time. In iPhoto on my Mac computer the photos will blow up a lot larger if I double click on the photo. I'm not going to leave the photos up for long due to storage limits, so download them.