Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: May I Have a Parker Acoustics Education  (Read 4058 times)

Offline Geardog

May I Have a Parker Acoustics Education
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »
I will be looking at a new acoustic in my future. I don't know much about Parkers. I realize this may not be a small task, but maybe folks can give us an overview of the models/history. I know a little about P8's, was there other lines, years of production, etc.

Of course people's reviews (yes, I've read the acoustic section of the forum - looking for more/new) can chime in.

Thanks.

Offline sard

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 06:52:37 PM »
For the money you are going to spend on a parker acoustic, there are a lot of better choices out there. Do your homework, read reviews and try as many guitars as you can in your price range. I have the P8, its one of my more expensive guitars and lacks tonally, and in so many other ways. Try out, Baden, Seagull, Larrivee, Ovation.....etc. I own 12 guitars of various price range's and the Parker is the biggest disappoinment. Hope this helps...PS by no means I am slagging parker, it is what it is!

-ovation 2071 ultra-applause ae68-5 summit-garrison ag 400- fender strat-hohner 12 sting-baden D style- luna dolphin-parker P8E

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »
I have some played very nice sounding Larrivees and Taylors. In my experience, I have noticed that acoustic guitar tones can vary widely, even for two "identical" guitars from the same manufacturer.

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
http://www.DIYguitarist.com
http://www.myspace.com/j201jams

Offline f.pinch

• http://fredpinch.com
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 09:51:41 PM »
When these guitars are set up properly, they are great, & when pluged in some great acoustic sounds from Fishman!
My friends who play out quite a bit love the guitar, both looks & sound!
fs

Offline bno

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 10:10:36 PM »
I have a black P8E and if you can pick one up on the used marked for the $400 > $500 it is a very good sounding amplified electric acoustic guitar for gigging use.  Not so rewarding as a pure strummin' on the back porch acoustic.  Doesn't have the bottom end punch a good acoustic has.  There have been reports of bridge problems.  It is a guitar designed and produced in Asia by US Music Corp under the Parker name after the acquisition from Ken Parker. I believe it is a discontinued line at this time.

Or go to KenParkerArchtops.com for a real Ken Parker acoustic archtop guitar.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.