Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Midi Fly  (Read 3547 times)

Offline EnglishBoy

Parker Midi Fly
« on: August 10, 2010, 03:13:04 AM »
Recently purchased, but I need to the MidiAxe Software CD (which is missing) or a download of the MidiAxe software, willing to buy!

Contact me direct here: abc 100 at blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks.
Anthony (UK).

Parker Midi Fly

Offline stevie axeman

• http://www.myspace.com/stevieaxeman
Parker Midi Fly
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:20:07 AM »
Have you tried contacting Parker direct ? They may have a copy in the factory?
I had a midifly - and it was a simple CD for the PC software

*New! Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser! ,  Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany Fly Mojo, Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic (in Purple!), Fender Blues DeVille, Fishman Performer amps
Roland GR33/Digitech GNX/Fishman Aura Blender, Sequis Motherload Elemental
Majik Blue 02 Fly Deluxe, Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany 05 Fly Mojo, Vigier Shawn Lane, Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser ,   Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic ,Fishman Performer amps
,Fishman Aura Blender,

Parker Midi Fly

Offline EnglishBoy

Parker Midi Fly
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:43:15 AM »
Hello

Yes contacting Parker direct was the first thing I did. I called them and apparently they do not have a copy of this CD and the guy I spoke to stated he knows of no one who has it or has ever had the CD or software. It has to be said I find it pretty poor management on the part of Parker that no one at the company had the foresight to archive a copy of this simple but ESSENTIAL software.

If anyone can help contact me direct here: abc 100 at blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks.
Anthony (UK).

Parker Midi Fly

Offline stevie axeman

• http://www.myspace.com/stevieaxeman
Parker Midi Fly
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 03:22:29 AM »
That's a shame - I woudl have thought that teh parts dept in Mundelein would have had a backup of the CD. The problem Anthony is the software and hardware in the Midiflys was developed by another company (Midiaxe?) - who went bust. There were then supplying the hardware and CDs to Patrker at the time. You could try googling them and see if there are eny ex-MidiAxe employee email addresses out there who may be able to help.
Am surprised the software isn't loaded into any archive web sites.
From memory - the only thing the software helps you do is change the outputting midi channels - and adjust the relative sensitivity of each string.

*New! Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser! ,  Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany Fly Mojo, Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic (in Purple!), Fender Blues DeVille, Fishman Performer amps
Roland GR33/Digitech GNX/Fishman Aura Blender, Sequis Motherload Elemental
Majik Blue 02 Fly Deluxe, Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany 05 Fly Mojo, Vigier Shawn Lane, Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser ,   Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic ,Fishman Performer amps
,Fishman Aura Blender,

Parker Midi Fly

Offline vaylor

• http://www.vaylor.info
Parker Midi Fly
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 01:41:33 PM »
I recently had need of the MidiAxe software to change the MIDI channels used by each string.  After much searching I was able to find the CD.  I've since backed the CD up in multiple places.  I am not sure what the license ramifications are, but if I get the "all clear" from either Parker or Virtual DSP Corporation, I'd be happy to make it available for download somewhere.

Parker Midi Fly

Offline Dennis

Parker Midi Fly
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 08:43:08 PM »
Dear all, I've the same issue and feel difficult to find the software after buy this stuff. I search in many different place through Google but no luck. Therefore, if some one knew where can get this stuff, please do a favor and point me there to have one or sent to the following email: kwongkawo@gmail.com Thanks![:)]

Parker Midi Fly

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
Parker Midi Fly
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 03:23:54 AM »
As the company no longer exists it might be categorizable as Abandonware (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware) in which case - as far as I know - it wouldn't be a problem to make it freely available. Those who bought a guitar that came with the software have the right to use it anyway. As does someone who buys such a guitar from a previous owner. So even if the means of acquiring said software is questionable it shouldn't be a problem. And quite frankly I doubt anyone would care. It's outdated, only runs on an old OS or emulation and probably hasn't that much potential users left.

Greetings...
Nef
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:25:57 AM by Nefarius »