Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who wants a "Parker 7 String" Poll  (Read 63909 times)

Offline Lightspeeder

• http://www.germanschauss.com
Who wants a "Parker 7 String" Poll
« on: March 30, 2005, 09:17:29 AM »
Hello Everyone !

Please voice your opinion on Parker making a 7 String model here. Let's see how many of  you Parker Guitar lovers want one.

German

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 02:41:47 PM »
i would say i'd give an arm and a leg, but then i wouldn't be able to play it! [:p]  if anyone has read my other posts, i think they would already know how i feel about this one!  but if you haven't, i'll say it again!

if parker made a seven string, it'd be the only guitar i would ever need!

ok, unless i bought two, which i would eventually do...or three.  maybe you should count this as three votes then, since i'd buy three of them!  [:D]

german, can i call you german? ...do you ever play seven strings?  what are your feelings about seven string parkers?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 06:29:28 PM by bostjan »

Offline Munkipuss

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 01:28:23 AM »
I would snap up a Fly Mojo Seven String!!!! I'd buy one at the earliest opportunity!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/munkipuss/fly7.html

I know it's very unlikely that one would be made, but as I've said before count me in!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 01:38:05 AM by Munkipuss »

Offline LordHar

• http://www.harrydechering.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 01:41:32 AM »
Yep, I'd love a baritone scale (27" or 28") hardtail 7 string, with piezo ofcourse.

Offline bostjan

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 02:21:40 AM »
you guys are a lot pickier than i am.  i'd buy a fly mojo seven string, a fly baritone seven string, a fly deluxe seven string, a nitefly seven string, a southern fly seven string, a nylon fly seven string...((bostjan rants on and on about you-know-what))!  i pretty much signed up for this message board so i could tell the world how much i want a parker seven string!  i'd even settle for a p-40 six-and-a-half string.  (i asked about a baritone too.)

pant, pant...ok, that didn't make sense.  i shouldn't eat king-size candy bars.  seriously though, i've got about six grand towards one just in case parker changes their mind...and if they want more, i can get more.

Offline Entropian

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 06:49:58 AM »
Like I said in the other thread, I'd give up a leg for one, heck maybe even both.  I'd even be happy with a Nite-Fly 7 string (but I'd prefer a Fly Mojo 7)...

The lack of quality 7 string guitars available in the current market is depressing.  IMHO, the world NEEDS a Parker 7 string.

Offline bostjan

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 03:16:25 PM »
i hate ibanez's seven strings.  b.c. rich went out of business and was bought by samick.  washburns are ok guitars at a premium price...the list of mediocre seven strings goes on.  bill conklin and hugh manson make some very pricey instruments.  i think a parker nitefly would top them all, and a parker fly mojo (or deluxe, or whatever) would even top that!  i know humbuckers are easier to find than single coils for these guitars, but seymore duncan seems to be able to make whatever they need.  niteflys have always seemed to come in more styles than standard flys (midifly, southern fly, etc.).  i wonder if a nitefly 7 would be significantly easier to do than a custom shop fly 7.

Offline Munkipuss

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 04:32:31 PM »
To be honest, I think Ibanez guitars a hugely overated. I like the feel, but in my experience, the build-quality and quality control can be a bit hit-and-miss. Even though Ibanez necks can be nice, they're not anywhere near as good as a Fly.

Being realistic, based on what John A Page said about the logistics of the issue, a Parker-7 ain't gonna happen... but we can all dream...

Ah... Mojo-7... Zzzzzz... Ahhh....

You never know... one day... one day...

Offline Binner

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 11:15:16 AM »
A seven would be very nice, but I am sure that may be a ways off in the future, if ever...that may change after a few years of Parker selling a lot of guitars. From the little I have heard over the years, its tough to make a great instrument and then actually sell them. You often hear of quality complaints in every area of life (cars, appliances, guitars, etc.), but the truth is, people don't want to pay for it. People buy a Mercedes because of the engineering, and it costs. Ford could do it, but they wouldn't sell enough to make it worth it. I am very happy that Ken Parker got his design out there without compromising quality, I am sure it was quite a struggle when he started and possibly even longer. Now that U.S Music Corp is involved, I am sure that there are a lot more bean counters at work in the Parker world. No offense to all those at U.S Music Corp, but I am sure the climate changed a little at Parker when they bought it. There are some lengendary guitar companies (who's guitars were no compromise instruments) that were bought out and went to hell shortly afterwards. I certainly hope that doesn't happen at Parker. Make all the lower models you want for the bread and butter, but don't ever skimp on the high end models. There is something magical about real quality, and I can only name about five companies that make or made "magical" guitars (Parker, obviously, is one of my favorites). I am content to wait patiently for a seven and possibly more custom shop options. I can get by on someone else's seven for now, as long I have a Parker six. I agree that there is a lack of good sevens out there now, and a Parker would be sure to amaze all.....oops, guess this turned into a small rant, sorry all.
'97 Fly Classic with Steve's Special/Air Norton
'05 Mojo Flame (Green) with SD Distortion/Jazz
'03 Parker 5-String (Natural) Duncan AJB-5s
'89 Hamer with Sustainiac
'95 Ovation Standard Elite (Green Burst)
'98 Ovation Balladeer (Red burst)
PRS Custom 24
Fender American Deluxe Strat
a bunch of Jacksons
a bunch of Charvels
a bunch of Peaveys (Vandenbergs)
Mesa RoadKing II
Mesa Mark IV Long Head
Mesa Stiletto Deuce II
Mesa F-30
Mesa 4x12
Peavey Triple X 2x12
Peavey 4x12 with two V30s and 2 G12T 75s
SWR Bass 750 with Mesa 4x10 and 1x15
Mesa Bass 400+
...and a bunch of other stuff

Offline Binner

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 11:30:47 AM »
Just to clarify, I would love a seven string Parker. I just wouldn't want things at Parker to ever go down hill in an effort to broaden their market. I am sure that U.S Music Corp will make every effort to keep the reputation Parker has (its what pays the bills). Once the bean counters say there is enough $ in the bank, forums like this provide a lot of feeback to formulate objectives for the company in the realm of R&D. John page has stated the expense of doing a seven and I am sure it was with intent of high end quility that Parker is known for. Mr. Page, just keep 'em coming and I am sure things will pan out for a seven in a few years. Many of us will be waiting...

Guess I had way too much coffee today!
'97 Fly Classic with Steve's Special/Air Norton
'05 Mojo Flame (Green) with SD Distortion/Jazz
'03 Parker 5-String (Natural) Duncan AJB-5s
'89 Hamer with Sustainiac
'95 Ovation Standard Elite (Green Burst)
'98 Ovation Balladeer (Red burst)
PRS Custom 24
Fender American Deluxe Strat
a bunch of Jacksons
a bunch of Charvels
a bunch of Peaveys (Vandenbergs)
Mesa RoadKing II
Mesa Mark IV Long Head
Mesa Stiletto Deuce II
Mesa F-30
Mesa 4x12
Peavey Triple X 2x12
Peavey 4x12 with two V30s and 2 G12T 75s
SWR Bass 750 with Mesa 4x10 and 1x15
Mesa Bass 400+
...and a bunch of other stuff

Offline bostjan

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 07:41:15 PM »
hey, who would buy a p-series seven string if they made one of those?  i could say i would almost definately buy one, but i can also say that if i did buy one and i liked it, i'd be even more adamant about getting a fly seven.  just a thought.  i have no expectations.

Offline blacken

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 12:15:47 AM »
well of course I want one!

Offline blacken

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 12:17:02 AM »
Thats funny his name is Light Speeder.

Offline bostjan

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 01:57:19 AM »
i was hoping you'd respond, chris.  do you have a website?

have you heard him play?  i sure hope he goes far.  any human being that disciplined makes me really think.

i'd like to get an eight string now (with a low b or low a and a high g), just to see if i can consolidate.  i've been playing sevens with either low or high string added.  i'm assuming that i won't see a parker eight string any time soon.

would parker be upset if i tried to make a frankenfly?  it would certainly be very costly and prone to failure, so i doubt i'll ever even try if i had parker's blessing.  what is the orientation of the carbon in the fretboard?

Offline guitargeorgep

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 04:25:39 PM »
I have been looking for other companies that could offer an (attempted) equivalent of a Parker 7.
If Parker made a 7 string the price would not matter me. I would get the guitar if it was available. The selection of 7 strings (as mentioned by others)is minimal at best. The quality is also questionable. Almost certainly you have to upgrade any 7 string you purchase. I have had to build a custom 7 string because no one has what I am looking for. Until Parker makes it . No one will