Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who wants a "Parker 7 String" Poll  (Read 61451 times)

Offline loumt123

Who wants a "Parker 7 String" Poll
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 05:33:20 AM »
I really want a 7 string. Badly. I think parker is afraid if they make seven strings, people will start buying them instead of the 6 stringers. IT could change the whole face of music [;)]

Offline ReverseWAHWAH

• http://www.jointchiefsmi.com
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005, 01:19:47 AM »
I think it would be a great idea for Parker to make there version of a seven string guitar. I was considering purchasing a Parker once. I ended up getting an Ibanez Universe. I haven't been interested in any six string guitars since. I originally wanted a Parker because it had the electric and peizo sounds that you could blend. Plus, the instrument was very comfortable to play.

Offline ReverseWAHWAH

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005, 01:30:05 AM »
I think it would be a great idea for Parker to make a version of a seven string guitar. I was considering purchasing a Parker once. I ended up getting an Ibanez Universe. I haven't been interested in any six string guitars since. I originally wanted a Parker because it had the electric and peizo sounds that you could blend. Plus, the instrument was very comfortable to play. Since I was unable to get a Parker seven string, I found an Ibanez Acoustic seven string and I also use a BOSS acoustic simulator. I have found the simulator works the best when I use the Rocktron speaker simulator on full range. I am still unable to blend an acoustic sound and electric with my current setup. I plan to get a Morely Tripler to set up mulitple Rigs. I have four seven strings currently and would love to add a Parker seven string to my collection. I was shocked to see a Poll for Parker SEVEN strings. Untill then keep dreaming.

Offline ReverseWAHWAH

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005, 01:44:55 AM »
Sorry, I accidently posted my first message before I was finished with it. I would like to add, that I would buy a Parker Seven string, even if it didn't have that special piezo tremelo bridge. A seven string stop tail piece would be good enough for me. Right now the only new seven string that I'm excited about, is the ESP LTD Viper seven string because it looks like a SG. I have also been dreaming of a 14 string semi-hollow body guitar.

Offline ADV

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2005, 10:37:17 PM »
count me in.
Its a shame that parker claims it will not likely happen.
Sadly one of the more inovative guitar companies out there is just not visionary enough to see how revolutionary a parker 7-string would be.

Offline tvadakia

• http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=425977
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2005, 01:32:31 PM »
My monetary vote (I'd put money where my mouth is) on a Parker 7-string, preferably in Fly flavors.  It would be an engineering feet, especially with the electronics, but I have faith they could and would do such knowing they'd entertain a large consumer base.

<---
unique
--->
Unique.

Offline bno

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2005, 04:02:18 PM »
I would too.  However, I have to say that I just "crunched some numbers" on this topic.  There are over well 500 members on this forum.  At best I can come up with less than 15 that are consistently interested in the 7 string posts (less than 3%).  Reality check time. Consider what the engineering and assembly line costs would be to design and set up a fret jig, a neck finger joint cutting and assembly jig, custom width and shape necks, create the blank for the fret board, engineer a truss rod, design and manufacture a seven pole piezo and vibrato tailpiece with electronics, do a run of special springs, get the seven pole mags custom wound, and who knows what else?  I mean after all if its going to be a Parker, its gotta be to engineering spec and QC standards.  Now don't flame me.  I'm just putting handles on a perspective...  Let's hope they are so successful with the bolt ons that they can do it with a bolt on.  I thinks its reasonable to say a 7-String Fly Mojo is pretty unlikely.  Unless 20 people each throw in about $10,000 a piece.

'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Offline loumt123

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2005, 04:05:15 PM »
i don't know about over 500 members. Alot of members don't even post consistently. I know more than 3 percent of guitarists are interested in a 7 string and parker could set the bar, even with a P series one.

Offline Toonman

• http://www.sergiomucino.com
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2005, 04:33:08 PM »
I'd definitely go for one! (Even a P-series)

Offline Simon

• http://www.l2i.net
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2005, 07:42:45 AM »
heh - i just registered on this forums to raise my voice for a 7 string parker. no decent 7 strings out there really and i would definately go for a parker! [xx(]

regards from germany,
simon

Offline VforVendetta00

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2005, 07:26:01 PM »
man, i'd be all over a fly classic 7 baritone with an ash body :) but thats just personal preference. but i sure would love to see parker expand their line to accomodate 7strings.

Offline darren

• http://darrenwilson.com
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2005, 07:40:41 PM »

Offline Skeleton

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2005, 02:14:06 PM »
Halo makes great 7 strings I have 2 of them. But I would buy a Paker in a second if they would offer a 7 string model.

http://www.haloguitars.com

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2005, 05:22:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by bno

I would too.  However, I have to say that I just "crunched some numbers" on this topic.  There are over well 500 members on this forum.  At best I can come up with less than 15 that are consistently interested in the 7 string posts (less than 3%).  Reality check time. Consider what the engineering and assembly line costs would be to design and set up a fret jig, a neck finger joint cutting and assembly jig, custom width and shape necks, create the blank for the fret board, engineer a truss rod, design and manufacture a seven pole piezo and vibrato tailpiece with electronics, do a run of special springs, get the seven pole mags custom wound, and who knows what else?  I mean after all if its going to be a Parker, its gotta be to engineering spec and QC standards.  Now don't flame me.  I'm just putting handles on a perspective...  Let's hope they are so successful with the bolt ons that they can do it with a bolt on.  I thinks its reasonable to say a 7-String Fly Mojo is pretty unlikely.  Unless 20 people each throw in about $10,000 a piece.

'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

no flame, but some of the things you mentioned are unneccesary.  why would parker have to make special strings?  does parker even make strings?  if so, where can i buy them?

if parker would update their jigs with propper bearings and true 3-d control, it'd cost a fortune.  but then i still wonder how they do the spanish/nylon fly if you have to build an entire new apparatus when you change the neck width.  no one has explained that one to me.  with true 3-d control, parker could offer 12-strings, 7-strings, vintage shape necks etc.

seymore duncan already makes seven string pickups, so does dimarzio.  so does just about every major manufacturer.

why would the truss rod have to be redesigned from scratch?  conventional seven strings all use normal truss rods.  granted, parkers are totally different, but springs and truss rods are the smallest of the problems.

when it comes down to the wire, i argue that the bridge is the only real problem here.  i challenge you guys at parker to hire me and let me head up the development team.  i bet you i can do it in two years or less and make it cost effective.  sound boastful?  maybe, but i need a job anyway lol!  [;)]

but seriously, i wouldn't be surprised if you guys already designed one and are just waiting for interest to spring up.  well, if that's the case, here i am and i'll take two of them, please.

hmm interesting about halo guitars.  i never heard of them but they seem nice and clean.  no way they touch a parker, but maybe it can fill in for my bc rich which is about to retire.  they are a little goth in the scale length and company image departments lol.

i wish i could wait for ever for parker to make a seven string, but it's been almost ten years already since i first asked about one and times just ticking away.  [:(]

Offline loumt123

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2005, 06:24:40 PM »
hire bostjan. lol