Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who wants a "Parker 7 String" Poll  (Read 71331 times)

Offline kbuchanan

Who wants a "Parker 7 String" Poll
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »
I came to Parker's site today to see if I could make a suggestion for a 7-String Fly Deluxe. I'm glad to see that there are others interested in it, maybe it'll happen!!!That mockup is too freakin hot!!!

Offline JSanta

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2009, 07:19:42 PM »
There's been talk of this guitar for as long as I can remember, and several people here will remember how many members rallied for this too happen.  USM has said several times that they have no plans to ever make one which is a true shame.  The guitar would attract a lot of different players and yet again be another drain on our wallets.

/jim

Miss Wormwood:  What State do you live in?
Calvin: Denial.
Miss Wormwood: I don't suppose I can argue with that...

Offline 4mula97

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2009, 07:57:40 PM »
that sounds cool, especially with esp's.  however id rather see a Parker Fly 12 first, but thats just me.

A Fly on the wall

Offline kbuchanan

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »
Honestly, if I could have a Parker 7, I could get rid of my others. I've got a universe and two 540s7s, and I love having floating trems, but with 7-strings, they tend to pull out of tune a bit more than six strings (maybe the extra tension from the low B?). If I could have a Parker with their awesome trem, I could have a floating trem and a fixed bridge, that would make me very happy.

Offline kbuchanan

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2009, 08:45:37 AM »
Dear Parker Guitars, please make one of these as I am tired of spending fifteen minutes tuning my floating bridge 7s every time I play. I promise to pay lots of money for it, you do like money right?

Offline hb169

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2009, 05:17:37 PM »
Dear Parker Guitars, please make a 7 string Mojo!!!!

Offline gregc

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2009, 08:38:09 AM »
No thanks.
gregc

Offline Metalus

• http://www.myspace.com/astheworldweeps
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2009, 03:33:29 AM »
I too would love one of these. Heres hoping the Dragonfly gets a 7 string model :D

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2009, 06:49:07 AM »
Wouldn't know what to do with the extra string. [:0][:D]

'97 Alex Artist ; '99 Simonized Artist; '97 Custom Red Artist; '98 Custom Tobacco Artist (Hardtail); '96 Dayn Deluxe (Hardtail); Line6 Flextone 3 Amp; Line 6 Vetta II Amp
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline orpheus

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »
I dont see why they havent made one yet.I probably wouldnt buy one but my nylon fly's neck is the right size for a 7 string.They'd just need to thin out the neck a little.Check the measurements on an ibanez and compare it with the Nylon.

Offline CameronConyer

• http://myspace.com/circumstance.band
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2009, 07:25:23 PM »
This is very simple. Parker Guitars must in fact produce a seven string guitar, and it must be a Fly Deluxe at minimum, or they will have forvever darned themself into being the most ridiculous company to ever build guitars, and yet call themselves innovative. I am extremely satisfied with my Parker Fly Deluxe and have been continually dissapointed with EVERY seven string guitar I have ever played/owned. This would be so easy to remedy if I could just purchase a 7 string Fly.
Play music that doesn't suck and be merry!

Offline Foe

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2010, 09:33:36 PM »
I'll cast my vote for a Parker 7-string.

Offline iwannaparker7string

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2011, 05:14:53 PM »
I too will cast my vote for a Parker 7 string deluxe/classic/mojo, whatever it may be. Please make this happen Parker. I will give you my soul!!!!!!!

Offline billy

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2011, 02:20:02 PM »
I think a 7 string would be great, but I also understand that there's some significant challenges in making a parker 7 string, especially as a fly.  

Adding another string seems easy on the surface, but the composite back, whammy, pups, electronics, truss rod each add significant development work and expenses.  

I'm sure they've looked into it, but I can think of a few ways (maybe)that might make it less expensive to develop.

Billy

[Always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline lucgravely

• the odds have it.
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2011, 08:45:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by billy

I think a 7 string would be great, but I also understand that there's some significant challenges in making a parker 7 string, especially as a fly.  

Adding another string seems easy on the surface, but the composite back, whammy, pups, electronics, truss rod each add significant development work and expenses.  

I'm sure they've looked into it, but I can think of a few ways (maybe)that might make it less expensive to develop.

I agree about the challenges. They could probably take notes from the Washburn X37 7-String and use the same bridge and pickups. Maybe start it is as a DF524 of a DF622 and if sales are brisk, design a DF822 with 7 strings. Baby steps might get it going.

I personally think 7 strings are unnecessary and my guess is that it's such a small segment of guitar buyers that it's really not worth the endeavor to a new manufacturer. I could stand corrected, but Parker has obviously not created one for a reason.

Luc Gravely
Parker Fly Mojo Single Cut
Parker Fly Deluxe
Mesa/Boogie Mark I
A few pedals...
Luc Gravely
Parker Fly Mojo Singlecut
Parker NiteFly NV1
Mesa/Boogie Mark I
1966 Fender BandMaster
A few pedals...