Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Instructional CD (sp)  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Instructional CD (sp)
« on: November 03, 2005, 08:56:45 PM »
I wish parker would shoot a tutorial on how to set up/adjust the flys. They could do one for the older flys with the trem wheel and another for the later model flys and explain the features and workings of each. High tech manual for a high tech guitar.

Gibson es 137;       AlverezYari;            Schecter Disposable
A few Flys in my soup

Instructional CD (sp)

Offline Gordman

Instructional CD (sp)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 09:18:50 PM »
Did you check out the manuals on the Parker web site?  Not videos, but they provide some pretty good details about the various adjustments.  

Original Fly:
http://www.parkerguitars.com/media/pdfs/fly_manual.pdf

Refined Fly:
http://www.parkerguitars.com/media/pdfs/Parker_Manual.pdf

Instructional CD (sp)

Offline Gordman

Instructional CD (sp)
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 09:28:06 PM »
Also, as long as there are no replies, you can delete your original(duplicate) post by clicking on the icon with the little trash can over in the far right-hand column.  Not a criticism, just an FYI.  I did the same thing a few weeks ago.  [:I]  

Instructional CD (sp)

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Instructional CD (sp)
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 06:12:39 AM »
Thanks for the great info Gordman..I was wondering how I could edit that post...I will study up on the fly manuals this weekend...when I got the thing I couldn't concentrate long enough to make sense of the manual...was having a spastic fit to play it and was scared I would break something...I've calmed down a bit--for now--thanks,b

A few Flys in my soup

Instructional CD (sp)

Offline 21st Century Schizoid Man

Instructional CD (sp)
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 08:14:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill

Thanks for the great info Gordman..I was wondering how I could edit that post...I will study up on the fly manuals this weekend...when I got the thing I couldn't concentrate long enough to make sense of the manual...was having a spastic fit to play it and was scared I would break something...I've calmed down a bit--for now--thanks,b

There is something wrong with the refined fly manual on the parker website. The diagrams are extremely low-res. It is actually impossible to read some of the text in the diagrams which makes the whole thing very hard to use.

EDIT: for example go to page 14 of 32 and look at the lower diagram on the page. What the hell does that say? LOL!
PS it does not get any clearer if you print it out.
This is annoying for me as my Mojo came with the old manual. I agree an instructional CD is the way to go.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 08:30:26 AM by 21st Century Schizoid Man »

Instructional CD (sp)

Offline Gordman

Instructional CD (sp)
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 06:18:30 PM »
I have to agree with you on that one.  Looks like the original images didn't fare very well during reproduction, or maybe it's the conversion to PDF.  They should really re-do that.  Don't know if the actual manual that ships with the guitars is any better.

Instructional CD (sp)

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Instructional CD (sp)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 10:49:54 AM »
i think 908ssp is our man for the video.  how about it alex?
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Instructional CD (sp)

Offline 908ssp

Instructional CD (sp)
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 11:29:52 AM »
Thats funny [:D]

I was looking at the title to this thread thinking "I don't need no stinking video" me copping a little attitude. When low and behold you want me in it...ah shucks Mame I be honered...No thank you. [;)]

There really isn't that much to it. Just be gentle don't force anything. Don't be afraid. [^]

Alex
1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
1999 Parker NiteFly S/S/H NFV7 For Sale
2005 Emerald Acoustic X10
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Instructional CD (sp)

Offline sfw

Instructional CD (sp)
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 04:16:55 PM »
Yea, and lets get him to rep one of our new t-shirts too!

-s

P-38
Kinman Fender Starcaster
Yamaha FG-410
Roland MicroCube
Barbie Electric w/matching mic
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty