Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I need mojo help!!  (Read 2281 times)

Offline music68

I need mojo help!!
« on: November 09, 2005, 12:17:25 AM »
I recently purchased a used Mojo and I'm feeling pretty disappointed.  When I received it, it had very high action.  I owned an early deluxe model and had adjusted the action with no problem so I felt pretty confident in being able to set this one up properly.  When I lowered the action on this one the strings have A LOT of buzz.  I've checked the neck relief and this is not the problem.  It had what I thought was a ding in the back of the headstock that was never mentioned by Music Go Round (where I purchased it) but on further inspection it looks more like a number "2".  Does this mean that this guitar is a factory second and I have been sold a lemon??  Does anyone know if Parker would have sold a second, and if so is this how they mark them?  

I did know before receiving it that the tremolo was having a problem.  The adjustment wheel is frozen and will not move.  I wasn't that concerned about it because the trem still worked, but the rest of the guitar was supposed to be in excellent condition--which it is not.  

I would appreciate any advice you can offer about fixing the tremolo or info about the "2".
98 Fly Classic, 98 Fly Deluxe LTD Tulipwood, 05 Fly Mojo
92 Hamer Centura, 01 MusicMan Silhouette, 90 Warmoth KOA Strat
Engl Jive & straight, Mesa Boogie .22+, etc...

I need mojo help!!

Offline JPage

• http://www.parkerguitars.com
I need mojo help!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 11:44:44 AM »
We do not sell seconds for the American made guitars.  Occasionally, we do sell slightly blemished Imports, but not frequently.  We never sell any Imports that have structural flaws.

Regarding your guitar, I looked up in the records to verify what we sold to Music Go Round and it was not a lemon.  For Technical Support, please call 1-800-877-6863, hit 0 for the Operator and ask for Customer Service.  As much as we would like to, it is very difficult to figure out whether or not there is something wrong with your guitar without seeing it.  The other option is to take it to a local tech and have him look at it.  I recommend having us do it, particularly if the guitar is under warranty.

Peace,
John

I need mojo help!!

Offline music68

I need mojo help!!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 04:10:29 PM »
Thanks for the info. John. No offense was intended about the "lemon" comment though. I have had problems with internet stores in the past and didn't know what to think. It does have a small "2" on the headstock above the high E tuner on the back though so I thought I would ask about it. It appears to have been put there after the finish and pressed in not scratched. The ser. # is 0760705MM USA and it is a FLY MOJO if that helps. They never said it was used or a "second" but did discount it because of the trem. problem. They said they just didn't want to deal with it so they discounted the price. The balance wheel is frozen in place. It is almost in the right position but when you move the step-stop to floating mode the guitar goes a little sharp. When I replaced the spring on my 97 fly deluxe model I noticed that the balance wheel could be removed. Is it possible to remove it on the Mojo so I could replace it?

Thanks again,
Gary

I need mojo help!!

Offline 908ssp

I need mojo help!!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 08:23:24 PM »
I am in NO way connected to Parker these are MY OPINIONS [:(!]

There is no way that guitar should have been sold to you and not at a discount without explicit understanding that the warranty is void. The seller is not doing the right thing by shirking their responsibility and selling this guitar instead of returning it to Parker to have repaired. It is possible they are responsible for the screw being messed up and by selling it to you they pass the responsibility to Parker through you which isn't right. You are in no way to blame they made the mistake and if the guitar isn't usable then who gets left in the lurch? You do or Parker is put on the spot to bail you out. Sorry it makes me mad to see you get raked over the coals. The guitar will never be right if you can't adjust the tremolo wheel it is absolutely vital if you ever want to use the tremolo. If you are willing to live with it as a hard tail you could jury rig something but that is hardly a good solution. Sorry for the rant. [V]

Alex
1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
1999 Parker NiteFly S/S/H NFV7 For Sale
2005 Emerald Acoustic X10
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

I need mojo help!!

Offline music68

I need mojo help!!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 09:13:43 PM »
Thank you Alex, I appreciate any feedback even if it is just an opinion.

The other thing that really hurt on this one was that I sold my 97 Deluxe Fly to get this one!
The deluxe worked great and played WAY better but I couldn't get used to switching from the neck to bridge pickup in the middle of a song. Unlike most peoples opinions I read, the Dimarzio pickups on the deluxe sounded great with my rig but I really prefer the control layout on the Mojo. I hope I can get the problems fixed, the Mojo is beautiful and sounds meaty but I really miss playing the Deluxe.

I need mojo help!!

Offline 908ssp

I need mojo help!!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 11:13:08 PM »
Man I really feel bad for you. I hope you understood that because you're the victum here and it is no fault of Parker's. If you were close I would offer to fix it for you for free. If you are going to try and fix it yourself please feel free to email me maybe I can help.

Alex
1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
1999 Parker NiteFly S/S/H NFV7 For Sale
2005 Emerald Acoustic X10
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG