Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Websies  (Read 2962 times)

Offline NathanO

Websies
« on: March 08, 2005, 02:47:57 PM »
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a website to promote your self as a solo guitarist or a website for your band. Just a place for you to upload information and samples of your self.

Also, what are you views on setting up your own website dedicated to your musical careers? Personally, I think it's a great idea. I am currently setting up my own website that I will be able to show people when they ask me any question about my self. When it is set up, it will contain everything about me for my friends/family and anyone who cares to see how I am doing in furthering my musical career and knowledge.

NathanO.com - Coming soon!

Regards,

Nathan

Websies

Offline Jason Davis

• http://www.JasonDavisMusic.com
Websies
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 09:40:35 AM »
Nathan,
I believe a website to promote your own music is very important.  It can offer the ability for people to find out about you...especially if you are not in rotation on radio or MTV.  The things it to make it look professional so people are attracted to it and want to revisit down the road.  And keep it updated.  I hate nothing more than outdated websites that just sit there for months (or even years).

Good luck!

Jason Davis
www.JasonDavisMusic.com

Loud, dangerous music...the way rock was intended.

Websies

Offline NathanO

Websies
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 11:09:37 AM »
Thanks for the opinion. Nice website you have got there! I am currently working on my site so as soon as it is ready I will inform you all and hopefully get some opinions on how I can improve the look.

EDIT: Oops, I just realised I made a bad typo on the title of this thread.... sorry about that
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 11:11:48 AM by NathanO »

Regards,

Nathan

Websies

Offline telecasterkid

• http://www.burningindecember.com
Websies
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 09:15:32 AM »
Nathan,
It is extremely important to get some form of communication in the form of media or information out there to promote yourself. Whether it is selling cd's out of the trunk of your car or getting online. The beauty of the internet is that you can connect with people literally all over the world like they were in your own backyard. It also allows you to promote on your terms. There is also internet radio. A very viable option because it allows your music to be accessible to anyone on the planet. Check out my websites. One is for a covers band www.methodtomadness.com and the other is an all originals band www.burningindecember.com

Regards,
Kevin S.
www.burningindecember.com
Kevin Schertell
www.burningindecember.com
www.myspace.com/burnin12
CD "No Way Out" Available now!

Music Boulevard, Inc.
1232-2 Blanding Blvd.
Orange Park, Fl. 32065
904-276-2520
musicboulevard@earthlink.net
Owner/President

Websies

Offline NathanO

Websies
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 10:52:16 AM »
Cool websites, I wasn't asking for advice, I was just creating a discussion... thanks anyway though.

NathanO.com - Coming soon!

Regards,

Nathan