Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A newbie here  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Sydnoufle

A newbie here
« on: December 27, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »
Hello boys and girls
Although this one is not my first axe, it is my first Parker; it is a P44 D I got from another French guy (I'm French, sorry) who got it some years ago through ebay USA. It has both a strat like selector, a little on-on-on switch for mag/piezo selection and its controls are in line; the tremolo looks like a Wilkinson VS 100 (I believe) but branded Fishman. Well , I received it today so I must manage some changes to turn it mine but things go smooth. I would nevertheless ask two questions:
_ what D (in P 44 D) stands for ?
_ what are the coil colors of the p/us like (Di Marzio or...) if I want to change them, as others brands use the same colours but not the same conventions ?

First impression : I thought the parcel was empty due to the light weight of the guitar; it is very comfortable,... that's all for now as I got it three hours ago (ah yes, it's tobacco sunburst and though I think all my guitars must be red, I think i'll leave it like this, as finish is very beautiful)

Alright , thank you for your hospitality y hasta la proxima vez (er, I'm of Spanish origin also)
Thank you all for coming

A newbie here

Offline danjazzny

A newbie here
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 02:32:04 PM »
Welcome to the Parker Forum Sydnoufle! I can't help you with your questions but here is a link to a P-44 manual in case you don't have one. [8D]
http://www.parkerguitars.com/images/stories/manuals/PSERIES_MANUAL.pdf

'97 Alex Artist 4lbs12oz; '99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97  TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '98 3-Tone Sunburst Artist (Hardtail)5lbs2oz; '99 Tobacco Sunburst Supreme 5lbs13oz; Line6 Flextone 3 Amp; Line 6 Vetta II Amp
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

A newbie here

Offline Strandwolf

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577969013
A newbie here
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 04:16:49 PM »
Welcome to the Parker Forum, Jose!

Do not apologize for your location or heritage, as of course both Spain and France have noble traditions in the arts. Even I know that!

I have a P20 model so I can't offer any information about the model you have acquired. All I can do is wish that you have lots of enjoyment from it, and I'm fairly certain that will be the case.

--Jim
Parkers: Pick, cap, T-shirt, clock, and other assorted accouterments

A newbie here

Offline Sydnoufle

A newbie here
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 05:47:42 PM »
Thank you chaps
I already had browsed the site a bit  but I still don't know what "D" means. I checked the p/us a bit more and am trying to change the bridge model for a... Di Marzio (ouahh, this guy is very weird) but I won't tell you what one until I try it (for what I saw, it seems that a regular-not F- model is perfect there). I also purchased a second p/u for the neck position ( a Di Marzio, sorry ) by mail and am waiting for it. I must confess that I can't stand Seymours; I purchased a Washburn WI66 Pro two months ago and tried sincerely, at least one full half hour, but I don't like them, so I put a pair of ... Di Marzio (Air Norton on neck, Tone Zone F on bridge). Don't let me be misunderstood, I'm not monomaniac (through it may seem sometimes) but I only use humbuckers and I find most of what I want in their range.
On the other hand, I purchased a Hamer XT Sunburst (Asian made Hamers) which had... Seymour Duncan Signature p/us (at least, the originals ones have a sound I don't like, those ones only take room for a decent p/u) I discarded them and put... eh non, Toneriders Alnico IV (60 Euros two p/us and shipping from UK) I am finishing their installation and will tell you about them; I think that though they may seem a bit Wilkinsonish (designed in Uk, made in China) they could have more personality.
Okay, as soon as I finish scraping my 1992 SG Special and new (red) finish is made, I will equip it with a Carvin H22 on neck, and maybe a ... Di Marzio on bridge, unless I have a p/u specially winded or else a Rio Grande
My Breadwinner which also needs a refinishing will stay stock, of course

I know, when I start writing, I can't stop

Take care
Thank you all for coming

A newbie here

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
A newbie here
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 06:02:08 PM »
Salut Syd!

Here is a wiring diagram which shows all the brands and their color coding.  Graciously provided by ... Seymour Duncan [;)]
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=color_codes
Enjoy your new guitar!

Trans-blue Mojo 2006, Pearl White Custom Dragonfly HSH 2010
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:02:30 PM by Patzag »
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

A newbie here

Offline Sydnoufle

A newbie here
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »
Oh no, my God, a link to Seymour Duncan, he finally found my path and is going to force me to play with a CustomCustomCustomCustom...
Thank you chap, I'm going to check how the Stingers are coded; I used a similar scheme to change the SDs on my Washburn to DMs (black becomes red, white becomes black, etc ) but it was not as clear and complete as this one.
Thank you all for coming