Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Fly Supreme question  (Read 628 times)

Offline ehmanages

Parker Fly Supreme question
« on: March 05, 2019, 03:49:16 PM »
Hi All, long time lurker - first time poster.  I have a 1997 Fly Supreme. Front is blue-greenish and the back is definitely Teal - and beautiful, btw. The top is so milky cloudy it makes the figured wood look plain - though the figuring is just obscured by the opacity. Candidly, I am not 100% sure what the original color was - trans blue or trans green. I've already left a voice message for Shazrocks re: doing a refin.  Somebody a ways back got creative with the electronics so I am looking to go back to OEM form on my guitar.

My question:  I've seen the amber/yellow, reddish and DARK Blue supreme's in person (plus, orange flame online) but not a color closer to say a "Tom Anderson bora bora blue" color. Was/is there a Parker color chart from 1995-2000 available or custom colors listing so that I can have Shazrocks match the original paint?

Thanks all. I will post pictures soon.

Re: Parker Fly Supreme question

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 04:37:18 PM »
Was/is there a Parker color chart from 1995-2000 available or custom colors listing so that I can have Shazrocks match the original paint?

The Shazrock team includes at least one former Parker employee who did the factory Parker finishes for many years, so I don't think our forum members will have better info on matching the factory finish. Your biggest challenge will be contacting them and arranging the repair, but after that it should be smooth sailing.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline ParkerPlayer

• - Luke
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 04:56:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum !  It sounds like a fairly unique guitar.  The only colors I've seen for the Supreme are: Emerald Green, Blue, and the most common, yellow. I never seen (or heard of) a teal back on any Supreme.  As far as changing the color from the current blue-greenish to a different shade of blue, it might be possible.  I know that figured maple is usually stained prior to the sealer coat which means the color will penetrate down into the wood; this bring out the contrast in the grain.  For this reason you probably cannot remove all of the existing color.  So whatever new stain is applied, some of the old color will remain.  But Shazrock is the expert, so I would defer to them.
I'm looking forward to seeing photos. 
'95 Fly Deluxe, Majik Blue, Hard Tail
'96 Fly Classic, Transparent Red 
'99 Fly Supreme, Honey
'09 Fly Artist, Custom Hard Tail
05' Fly Bronze, Maple Cognac Finish

Offline ehmanages

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 03:37:03 PM »
Hi All, got the confirmation. It is trans blue! I'll be getting it refinished. I'll take before and after pics and post when I get it back!