Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: bridge adjustment Parker concert/bronze  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Crazytalk

bridge adjustment Parker concert/bronze
« on: December 29, 2010, 07:21:15 PM »
Wow! took my 99  concert fly (correct? or is that considered a bronze?) to lays guitar shop in Akron ohio today for a quick change from 10's to 12s ..and the bridge adjustment screws will not budge right or left.however it is dead nuts at .070 on the bass side and .050 on the treble....which is factory..but i think I could get it a little lower ......... now I am worried why I cannot adjust the bridge?

thoughts?
Dennis
Dennis D Bielinski

Re: bridge adjustment Parker concert/bronze

Offline jb63

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 11:30:14 AM »
I like an old thread.

Today I scored an ancient, under-cared-for bronze. I have managed to adjust everything that screws as well as the truss rodbut there is an annoying crunchy sound when I turn the high strings bridge nut. Interesting that turning clockwise raises the bridge and counter clockwise lowers it.

I’m assuming that to REMOVE the bridge all I have to do is take off the strings, not remove the 3 adjustment screws.

The question here (and apparently from 2010) is what kind of lube should I use to get this thing back into shape?

From the sound of it I may need to cut a new nut.

Offline daynwarren

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 10:33:21 PM »
Nice score on the Bronze!

Hardtail Fly bridges all come off by turning those 3 screws in the back. Take turns turing each of the three incrementally a few turns or it will bind on one side and not come out.

Offline vjmanzo

• ~V.J.
    • vjmanzo.com
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 11:09:24 PM »
Congrats on the Concert/Bronze!!!

Are the saddles rusted?

Also, just curious: do all of the piezo elements and electronics work?
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11 || More Info

Offline billy

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 07:58:08 PM »
Nice find JB! 

Agree with Dayn. Not sure about the creaking.

Could be rusty but I think it might just be a little bound up from trying to do a whole screw at a time   Maybe try tightening a bit first and see if it feels better as it becomes more balanced with the othe screws
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

Offline jb63

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 08:54:25 PM »
Turns out it was just gunk and dirt moving in the slot towards the flat part of the bridge.
It was my birthday this weekend and I guess I imagined that I'd have more time to touch it. Ha! Apparently I was cleaning up the basement and sledding with kids. I think there may be a reason guitar players live in small apartments, it was easier then!
It looks like it sat on a stand gathering dust for a long time. I had to adjust the truss rod a few times and raise the bridge to get it playing and not buzzing in the 1st position.

I really need to clean up the bridge parts, and the fretboard, but the electronics all work!

Yay!

Funny, I can't seem to decide what the outer ring of the tone knob adjusts. Maybe I can wrestle a song out of it this week.

Offline daynwarren

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 11:11:27 AM »
The volume and tone set-up on a Bronze is a bit different than what people expect when they are used to the stacked volume/tone function of the other pre-refined Fly's.

The Bronze Fly front knob is obviously volume, the back is actually a 2-band EQ (dual tone pot). I think top is mid/treble, and bottom is bass.

A bit more ability to shape the tone than even the pre-refined Fly models!

Offline jb63

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 01:18:49 PM »
It gets a nice Joni Mitchell snap with it set just right! Pretty neat.