Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Crate VC5212  (Read 2772 times)

Offline showmeproof

Crate VC5212
« on: January 23, 2011, 08:00:40 PM »
This 50 Watt all tube amp uses 4 EL84's and 4 12AX7's.  I traded a bass in for this amp six years ago for all told maybe $300.  I demo'd this amp alongside a Fender Blues Deville, a MESA Boogie, and I've since played through Rivera's.  This truly is one amp that Crate got right.  This low cost model rivals amplifiers that cost a grand or two more. Seriously.

I recently just replaced the tubes with matched Ruby EL84's and Mullard 12AX7's.  This amp sounds so much better than it did with the Groove Tubes (even when they were new).  

It's amazing what a top notch guitar and a great amp can do for your playing confidence, it makes you play better and want to play even more.  I cringe thinking back to my Slammer Hammer and Crate 10watt days.  I just wonder how much further I'd be along if I had started off with great equipment from the get go (not that it was an option).  

Crate VC5212

Offline pcns

• http://greatcables.us
Crate VC5212
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:03:39 AM »
I hear you on the confidence thing.  I love playing when the tone is right, seems great notes just fly (pun intended) off the guitar!!

Pro Cables N Sound
www.greatcables.us

coupon code "parker"

Parker Nite Fly
Fender Telecaster
Schecter C-1 Elite
Kramer Pacer Delux
Kronodale Recycle G
Dr Z Maz Jr 2x10
Dr Z Monza 1x10
Dr Z Z28 1x10
various pedals