Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: miscellaneous insanity  (Read 2606 times)

Offline billy

miscellaneous insanity
« on: February 10, 2011, 02:45:03 PM »
Thought this wasn't open until next week... Joy! But mostly want to say that "clean" was the first guitar album in quite some time to get me really excited about guitars again.  (So now I tell my wife its all your fault...)

almost 20 questions (pick and choose as you like):

*  What's cooking:  New album? Tour?  Parker Sig model?

*  You've done a few things with Mr. Satriani.  Has he expressed any regrets about Ibanez[;)], tried your flies, etc?  Just wondering what he thinks about Parkers.

*  Which of your flies is your favorite?  What's been done to it?  Anything you'd like to try but haven't yet?

*  Any plans for a teaching dvd?  Maybe parker/vox could sponsor?

*  Who are your biggest musical influences?

*  What picks are you using?

*  Do your home furnishings match your guitars, or vice versa? Just a little theory I'm exploring... [;)]

*  Thanks so much for doing this!  

Billy

[Always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

miscellaneous insanity

Offline www_Ps_com

miscellaneous insanity
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 03:11:53 PM »
- What is the longest amount of time in recent years you spent without touching a guitar? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

- Have you been offered gigs with established bands? With whom?

- What are your reasons for not joining a band permanently (respectively continuing to work as a solo artist in the niche instrumental market)?

- What do you attribute it to, that you've never had a commercial break through like Satriani, Vai, etc.? I mean the talent's there, the music is there. What's missing?

- What exactly does your endorsement with Parker encompass? Free custom guitars? Additional payment? Obligation not to play other brands publicly?

-  When you look at your annual schedule, what percentage of time do you usually allocate to each of these activities: solo album recordings, tours, clinics, teaching, session work, ...?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:09:07 PM by www_Ps_com »

miscellaneous insanity

Offline sybersitizen

miscellaneous insanity
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 07:35:27 PM »
Hey Dave,

I'm sure you have owned numerous guitars, and probably still use other guitars for some of your work. What are those other instruments? What advantages do they offer, and what specific things about the Fly have made it your preferred instrument?

'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers