Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A couple of newby questions P44  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Dougster

A couple of newby questions P44
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:14:56 AM »
I just received my P44 and it is hands down the nicest guitar I have ever played. It plays and sounds amazing.  I have played for over 40 years and at various times played most of the offerings from Gibson and Fender and various Ibanez, Godin, Yamaha, PRS models. So my questions are

1. Where can I get a replacement arm for the whammy bar? The store is closed on the parker site.

2. Does anyone have any experience installing a Fernandes Sustainer or Sustainiac in a P44?

3. I was surprised when the guitar arrived with a set of Seymour Duncans installed. It was a good surprise as they sound great and I had heard the Parker Stingers were ok, but not great. I am pretty sure the guitar is the standard P44 and not the P44V or P44 Pro. Did the standard P44 ever come with SDs or is this an upgrade done by a previous owner?

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 10:14:42 AM »
Welcome to the Parker Forum Dougster! I'm not really familiar with the P44 but here's a link to the manual in case you don't have one. [;)]
http://www.parkerguitars.com/images/stories/manuals/PSERIES_MANUAL.pdf

'97 Alex Artist 4lbs12oz; '99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97  TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '98 3-Tone Sunburst Artist (Hardtail)5lbs2oz; '99 Tobacco Sunburst Supreme 5lbs13oz; Line6 Flextone 3 Amp; Line 6 Vetta II Amp
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline Dougster

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 06:16:17 PM »
Someone told my that the fishman bridge on the P44 is a modified Wilkinson VS100C so I have risked $15 and bought one off ebay. I will post back how well it works.