Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HUGE output!  (Read 1839 times)

Offline seedlings

HUGE output!
« on: April 01, 2011, 08:41:48 AM »
Can I just say that the DiMarzios in my Deluxe have incredibly HUGE output?!?  Working on an amp for a friend, and I've had it dialed in with the tone he wants.  I go in with the soldering iron to move a couple of things, then I test it out with my Deluxe.  The amp went from clean-overdrive to shred!  I thought I messed something up with the amp!  I'm double-checking my work, verifying the volume and gain settings.. then it occurrs to me, the last time I played it I used that other guitar.  I plug other guitar in and it's back to clean.  Deluxe?  Shred!  However... just roll the guitar volume back halfway and it's good.  I'm glad my buddy will be playing with a Duesenberg instead of a fly, otherwise I'd have to re-vamp the preamp!

CHAD

HUGE output!

Offline pcns

• http://greatcables.us
HUGE output!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 08:15:02 AM »
its always cool to see how much gain we can control on the amp with our volume control knob on our guitars, 5 years ago I would never have believed it but now that I have started playing nicer tube amps (Dr Z's) I am always amazed at how much control I have with my pinky finger!

Todd :)

Pro Cables N Sound
www.greatcables.us

coupon code "parker"

Parker Nite Fly
Fender Telecaster
Schecter C-1 Elite
Kramer Pacer Delux
Kronodale Recycle G
Dr Z Maz Jr 2x10
Dr Z Monza 1x10
Dr Z Z28 1x10