Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fly S2 ShazRock Custom  (Read 8224 times)

Offline -geisterfahrer-

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 11:05:32 AM »
Yes it does have that look, and a slightly larger grain to the finish.
*We're gonna need a bigger boat*

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 11:50:36 AM »
That's way cool. [8D]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
http://www.DIYguitarist.com
http://www.myspace.com/j201jams

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 01:20:26 PM »
Great work and a truly ingenious and unique finish that fits perfectly, congratulations!

Greetings...
Nef

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline Strandwolf

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577969013
Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 01:44:41 PM »
[:p]
Parkers: Pick, cap, T-shirt, clock, and other assorted accouterments

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline Will2000

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 07:10:13 PM »
Very Cool!!  I had Shazrock (Sharon and Lisa) work on 3 of my Flys . . . always turns out better than expected, however this color makes me want to do a flat color as well!!  Thanks for sharing the pictures.  A picture really is worth a 1000 words!
Will

Black 95' Deluxe Fly, Tobacco Sunburst 97' (SSS- EMGs) Nitefly, Tribal 00' Custom (SSH) Deluxe Fly, Natural 00' Nylon Fly, White 01' Classic Fly, Black Cherry Burst 03' Classic Fly, Red 03' (SSH - EMGs) Nitefly

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline Lisa B

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 08:15:21 PM »
That was a tough wiring job. All of the wiring diagrams I've found for blower switches don't work, and Guthrie Govan is not giving up any of his secrets. To meet Andy's requirements, the switch had to completely bypass the volume, tone, coil tap, 5 way switch, the three-way mag/piezo selector switch, and dump the humbucker straight to the output jack. It took a 3PDT latching push button switch to get this design to work, and the search for this part was not easy, but we found one that was perfect for Andy's guitar. In addition, I replaced the piezo volume control with a concentric volume/tonal control, which required me to modify the power chip mounting. Andy's wiring was concieved by him, and personally re-designed by me, and as far as I know, no other configuration exists like this. Thank you Andy for giving us, at Shazrock, the opportunity to help make your idea a reality. From paint to electronics, from start to finish, it was an enjoyable challenge to get this guitar completed. Congratulations on one hell of a unique instrument!

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline Lisa B

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 10:58:27 AM »
I've gotten quite a few Parker Forum Members asking if ShazRock was still in business. I'd like to reassure the Parker enthusiasts out there that we are still going strong. Sharon and I are Parker enthusiasts ourselves, so we know how important it is to be able to find services for these unique instruments. Feel free to send us an e-mail @ shazrockpaint@hotmail.com if you need anything and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline joedreamliner787

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 09:03:22 AM »
Incredible! What an awesome color and it looks for contemporary! What kind of camera did you use to take the pics?

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline sybersitizen

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 09:19:33 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by joedreamliner787

What kind of camera did you use to take the pics?

They aren't mine, but that data is embedded in the photo files. It's a Casio EX-S770.

'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline -geisterfahrer-

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
Thanks Joedreamliner787, I'm really pleased with the way it all came together. I checked out your Tangerine, Very sweet! Nice improv too.
Syber is correct that's the exact camera. Nice little pocket sized marvel.[:D]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:40:17 AM by -geisterfahrer- »

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline simonlock

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 03:30:54 PM »
Gorgeous Fly. I love the finish and the S2 I have I can't ever part with. They should have made a lot more of these.

The pushbutton to go straight from the bridge pu to the output ala Guthrie Govan is something I would really like to have on my guitars. Genius. I saw a webcast from licklibrary where he demonstrated why he has his signature wired that way.

A very subtle detail I didn't see mentioned was how cool the black pole pieces work with the finish and overall appearance of this incredible Fly. If they were the usual chrome I think the beauty of everything overall might be overlooked.

Congrats on a real beauty and a definite keeper.

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline joedreamliner787

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2011, 06:45:16 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by -geisterfahrer-

Thanks Joedreamliner787, I'm really pleased with the way it all came together. I checked out your Tangerine, Very sweet! Nice improv too.
Syber is correct that's the exact camera. Nice little pocket sized marvel.[:D]

Thanks for checking out my improvs! If you look at my youtube channel I also play my 98 majik blue. That lil camera is amazing and I need to go pick one up :D  Thanks guys and Syber for the input!

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom

Offline -geisterfahrer-

Fly S2 ShazRock Custom
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 06:28:16 PM »
Thanks for the comments Simon, btw Long time no posts. Hope everything is well with you.
I wanted the guitar to look utilitarian, and wanted as much of the hardware as possible to be blacked out. The pole pieces were easy, I had already done a set of pups in black, and really liked the way they looked so I knew at the beginning of this project which direction the look should go. I wanted to get the saddles anodised black too, Still may do that, but at the time i was stretching my budget.
I have another project in the works right now, that is a quantum leap in difference from this one, I'm waiting for it to finish being cleared and polished, then i can get it re-assembled, and post pictures. It has been a while in the works, but promises to be done very soon. May not be everyones cup of tea, may even divide a few camps, but it will certainly be interesting either way. btw are you still involved with the saddle/piezo manufacturer?

ATB

Andy