Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fly Classic Problems - Intonation/Electronics  (Read 4571 times)

Offline aenigma

Fly Classic Problems - Intonation/Electronics
« on: November 24, 2005, 08:10:13 PM »
Well I have had my fly for awhile now and noiced batteries didn't seem to last very long which was no big deal really, but now even with new batteries it has a real ugly tone to it like there isn't enough output from the pickups on distortion yet it distorts on clean.That and the piezo isn't working anymore, regardless of the red button.I can only barely hear it and it has a bad distortion problem.

The second problem I just notice when playing along with a friend was that it wasn't sounding together right so I checked tuning and it was all good but not when I fret any notes, so the intonation is out of whack.But when I adjust the saddle it doesn't do anything at all.I can adjust it all the way forward or back and it does nothing.It is on the b string mainly, a little on the g but not bad.

Thanks for any help!

Offline aenigma

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 08:53:01 AM »
Oh I just want to add that I actually can't hear the piezo at all.The distorted sound that I thought was the piezo was just the red button set in the other position.In the right position there is no sound from the piezo at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

Offline aenigma

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 06:28:26 AM »
Hmmm, seems questions don't get answered in this section of the forum.At least not questions involving broken piezos.Sifting through old threads it seems like a trend.Piezo questions always end up pretty much unanswered, and dead piezos seem to be fairly common.Kind of weird that they just randomly die too.Someone has to know whats up.Anybody...somebody...hello? [;)]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 06:28:45 AM by aenigma »

Offline JSanta

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 07:26:04 AM »
I personally can't be of any help but contact Parker's Customer service at 1-800-877-6863 or  cservice@usmusiccorp.com  Good luck.

-Jim

"Do not speak.  Unless it improves on silence."
           -Buddha

Offline JPage

• http://www.parkerguitars.com
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 08:31:06 AM »
Piezo questions don't get answered because the Forum is not a substitute for Customer or Technical Support.  As the Topic defination states, we recommend that folks contact us directly if having a problem with their guitar.  This section of the forum is often misunderstood to be for Technical assistance.  It really isn't.  It is more for geek speak.
But, just so you know, our piezo system is manufactured by Fishman Transducers.  Piezo's are fragile and they do go bad.  The good news is that they are relatively inexpensive and easy to repair.  Sometimes, the circuit board goes bad.  That is a different story.  Those can be expensive and we recommend that we do the repair unless you have a really good tech.

John

Offline aenigma

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 09:32:11 AM »
Yeah I expect it to be the circuit board since none of the piezos seem to work.And when I use the stereo cable it almost works, if I turn piezo volume down the already very low volume I hear lowers but it also lowers if I turn mag volume down too.Plus it doesn't even sound like a piezo but mag pckups, so something is screwy.It is just so weird that it just happens instantly, it goes from working perfectly to not working at all and affecting magnetic pickup tone as well.I guess the first $900 or so wasn't enough.Argh.

And naturally it has to happen during an amp upgrade when I have no money for it.

Thanks for the replies.

Offline JPage

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 02:21:48 PM »
Two questions:
Have you checked all the internal wiring connections???  Even with the new battery, does the red light on the back of the guitar stay on or does it flash on and then stay off once the cable is inserted?

John

Offline aenigma

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 02:11:05 AM »
It flashes on then stays off when plugging it in.I checked the wiring connections as best as I could, which isn't very well at all since they are ribbon cables.Do you think maybe a ribbon got pulled on and isnt seated right?Awhile back I tightened up my piezo volume/tone knob because it was loose, I wonder if this could have something to do with it?

Offline JPage

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 07:58:42 AM »
Could be.  Have you considered having Parker taking a look at it for you?  We'd love nothing more than to get this guitar working for you again.

John

Offline aenigma

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 05:27:25 PM »
I have, but I am buying a Road King now so I am really hurting for money.Do you have any idea how much it would cost to fix?Like a price range from an easy fix where it just needs ribbon(s) to needing a circuit board?Also how much do you charge to set it up?I might as well have that done since I have an intonation problem.

Offline JPage

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 08:36:03 AM »
You'll have to call in for a quote, bro.

Offline aenigma

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 12:52:42 PM »
Ok, thanks for your help John. :)

Offline JPage

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 06:04:30 PM »
Keep us posted.  If I can ever be of additional assistance, please e-mail me through the Forum or to sales@parkerguitars.com

John

Offline aenigma

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 08:27:31 AM »
Ok will do.
I just have to wait until I am not so broke :)
Thanks again.

Offline JPage

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 12:00:09 PM »
You don't have to pay to make a phone call.  Perhaps you can an idea of how much it will cost to fix and go from there.

JP