Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Several Issues with my 99 fly deluxe  (Read 2192 times)

Offline juddtaylor

Several Issues with my 99 fly deluxe
« on: November 26, 2005, 12:58:59 PM »
I've got a '99 Fly deluxe vibrato, and I'm having a few issues with it. I'm hoping to get some feedback on a good way to address these issues.

First off, I have the loose jack problem. I've resoldered it to the ribbon, and used different cables with no luck. Should I just replace it with the StewMac part, or try and have parker help me with the issue?

How does parker address this, anyways? I've read on the forum that they send you a tool or something, but is that to bend out the contacts, or just to remove the jack (btw, I had little trouble getting the jack out already). I'd prefer to just replace the jack with an identical replacement than just bend out the contacts (which will just bend again)...

Second, I'm using 10's for strings (which I really like), along with the 10 spring (which I keep locked, since I never use the bar). I've adjusted the intonation as best as I can, but I can't get the saddle on the low E back far enough to get that string to intonate properly. What else can I try to get more room on that saddle?

Lastly, I'm not real fond of the sound I'm getting out of these pickups. I'm a huge fan of the SRV (aka "texas special") pickups on my strat, which sound amazing. I've got a Yamaha Weddington Special electric which has 2 dimarzio humbuckers (Q100's w/ split cois), with a really awesome wiring scheme. Ideally, I'd like a mix of the two on this guitar. Split coil humbuckers, but a little hotter than the Q100's (so the tapped single neck coil is similar to the over-wound SRV pickup), and better tonal options from the selector switch similar to the yamaha. [NOTE: I tried to find something somewhere describing the wiring in that guitar, with absolutely no luck, sorry about that]

So for the last question... what are people's stories on replacing the pickups on these things? Good, bad, ugly?

Thanks,
Judd

Offline juddtaylor

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 04:37:45 PM »
I forgot to mention something else... My pots are very loose now, and slide around while I'm playing. Is this something worth trying to replace, or is there some adjustment I can make on them?

Thanks again,
Judd

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 05:02:22 PM »
Welcome to the Parker Forum. [:D]

You can tighten the pots by pulling off the knobs and tightening the nut. Make sure you do it before the ribbon cable breaks it will if you keep twisting the pot. Hold the pot with one hand and tighten the nut with a wrench. I think you should by a new Parker jack and the special wrench.

The pickup thing is too complicated to write as there are numerous options. Email me and I will give you my phone number if you want me to explain it answer your questions. [^]

Alex
1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
1999 Parker NiteFly S/S/H NFV7 For Sale
2005 Emerald Acoustic X10
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline juddtaylor

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 12:38:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by 908ssp

Welcome to the Parker Forum. [:D]

You can tighten the pots by pulling off the knobs and tightening the nut. Make sure you do it before the ribbon cable breaks it will if you keep twisting the pot. Hold the pot with one hand and tighten the nut with a wrench. I think you should by a new Parker jack and the special wrench.

The pickup thing is too complicated to write as there are numerous options. Email me and I will give you my phone number if you want me to explain it answer your questions. [^]

Alex
1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
1999 Parker NiteFly S/S/H NFV7 For Sale
2005 Emerald Acoustic X10
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag

The pots themselves are not moving around (so no stress on the ribbon, thankfully), but it's the poles that are sloppy within the pots.

Thanks,
Judd