Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What next  (Read 10541 times)

Offline RoneB

What next
« on: August 26, 2011, 11:00:29 PM »
So here in Boston we got a small taste of what an earth quake feels like now we are right in the path of hurricane Irene. I spent a few hours on the phone with the air line this morning trying to get my daughter on a flight home from Virginia. last night tickets were in the $200 range and this morning the same flights were about $300 that does not seem right but we had to get her home. The wife is a bit nuts making sure we have plenty of supplies should we trapped in our home for a week or two[:)] She has been glued to the weather channel for two days. Man I thought 9V's were expensive but D size flashlight batteries are not cheep. We have now cornered the market on those as well. And then we have water and lots of it gallons and gallons neatly lined up in rows on the floor of the front hall. I am waiting for her to label them by person and day. I have been put in charge of securing all of the outdoor things that could become weapons of mass destruction should they be caught up in an 80 MPH wind gust. This list is about two pages long and I never realized we had that much crap in the yard. Just for kicks I'm going to forget to bring in the Gnome's,Those things freak me out and I wouldn't mind if the blew away. Well for me I'm hoping this gets me a day off from work. I could really use it and I would love to have a whole guilt free day off work to spend with my new Fly Supreme. My luck we will lose power and I'll be amp less. All that said if your in the path stay safe and dry. My baby girl is home safe and sound and happy to see she has her very own flashlight and plenty of drinking water. Good luck to all.

Cheers Ron
Ron..
98 Simon Supreme, 97 NiteFly, 2000 Custom Shop Strat, 2004 Telecaster Custom, 2 USACG Custom Designs, Fender Cyber Twin, Mesa Boogie Nomad 45 Combo.

What next

Offline danjazzny

What next
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 06:24:23 AM »
Hang in there Ron! Best of luck to you and yours. [:)]

'97 Alex Artist 4lbs12oz; '99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97  TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '98 3-Tone Sunburst Artist (Hardtail)5lbs2oz; '99 Tobacco Sunburst Supreme 5lbs13oz; '09 Custom DragonFly 4lbs10oz; Line6 Flextone 3 Amp; Line 6 Vetta II Amp

'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

What next

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
What next
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:46:03 AM »
AC/DCs "Hell's Bells" was written about a hurricane they experienced while recording Back in Black in the Caribbean.  If it passses over you, grab you guitar and be inspired!
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

What next

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
What next
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 11:25:32 AM »
Just use good common sense. Stay aware and prepare, but don't let yourself get caught up in all the news hype. Think for yourself. I was in Boston for Grace? (1985/86 ?). winds ripped through downtown but no real catastrophe. Irene just missed us. We only felt her sneeze as she blew by last night.

Hunker down and good luck.

A few Flys in my soup
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:28:35 AM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

What next

Offline RoneB

What next
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 12:10:37 PM »
Well it's pretty much over here in Boston. Not much of a storm once it reached us. We got some heavy rain this morning and now it's just windy. The Gnomes survived and I have 50 gallons of bottled water to store in the basement. I wish peddles took D size batteries.
Ron..
98 Simon Supreme, 97 NiteFly, 2000 Custom Shop Strat, 2004 Telecaster Custom, 2 USACG Custom Designs, Fender Cyber Twin, Mesa Boogie Nomad 45 Combo.

What next

Offline danjazzny

What next
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »
About the same here. Heavy rains,flooding,and winds 40-60 mph. A tree down next door but no damage here so far. Should be over late tonight. [B)]

'97 Alex Artist 4lbs12oz; '99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97  TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '98 3-Tone Sunburst Artist (Hardtail)5lbs2oz; '99 Tobacco Sunburst Supreme 5lbs13oz; '09 Custom DragonFly (Hardtail) 4lbs10oz; Line6 Flextone 3 Amp; Line 6 Vetta II Amp

'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

What next

Offline rollingthunder

What next
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »
I live on the South Shore just north of the bridges to Cape Cod. It's not been that bad, all things considered. Lot's of wind, a good amount of rain, but the rain's mostly stopped and the winds are gusty, but bearable. The big deal here will be the storm surge which should be between 4-8 feet. That's due to hit right astronomical high tide, which is supposed to be about 4-5 feet higher than normal (or so the weather talking heads say). There will be a lot of flooding as the rivers get backed up and all the rain that hit the middle of the state starts draining.

- bill

2010 Fly Mojo Cherry Flame
2006 Fly Mojo Natural
1989 Steinberger GM4T
Line 6 Spider MKII w/ shortboard
- bill

2010 Fly Mojo Cherry Flame
1989 Steinberger GM4T
Ibanez RGA8 with Aftermaths
Line 6 Spider MKII w/ shortboard

What next

Offline doombilly

• http://illicitizen.com
What next
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »
We ended up picking up another night (show) in Brooklyn because the 18 bands scheduled cancelled. Played shows Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Missed meeting the studio guy I think is gonna record the 2nd Illicitizen record. Other than that...pretty fun. Someone stole my wife's camera. And we brought home another dog. Was there a big storm or something? I think I saw something on the news...

What next

Offline pcns

• http://greatcables.us
What next
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 07:01:38 AM »
I'm sorry but I have to laugh at myself here . . . I've logged into the forum 3 or 4 times in the last couple of days and each time I look in this section I see the subject header "What Next" and I open it, only to remember that I have already read it several times but I keep getting hooked by the subject  lololol

I'm glad the storm didn't do as much damage as it could have

Todd :)

Pro Cables N Sound
www.greatcables.us

coupon code "parker"

Parker Nite Fly
Fender Telecaster
Schecter C-1 Elite
Kramer Pacer Delux
Kronodale Recycle G
Dr Z Maz Jr 2x10
Dr Z Monza 1x10
Dr Z Z28 1x10
various pedals
Pro Cables N Sound
www.greatcables.us

coupon code "parker"

Parker Nite Fly
Fender Telecaster
Schecter C-1 Elite
Kramer Pacer Delux
Kronodale Recycle G
Dr Z Maz Jr 2x10
Dr Z Monza 1x10
Dr Z Z28 1x10
various pedals

What next

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
What next
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 02:28:47 PM »
I've done the same thing. [:)]

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup

What next

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
What next
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 04:02:52 PM »
+1

Almost embarrassing.  Good thing we're amongst friends [;)]

Pearl White Custom Dragonfly HSH 2010 / Voodoo Blackburst Custom S3 2011 / Ceriatone HRM amplifier / Axe FX II
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX III

What next

Offline RoneB

What next
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »
Beautiful Day here in Boston. You guys just keep checking in OK[:D]
Ron..

What next

Offline pcns

• http://greatcables.us
What next
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »
anything change?  I trapped myself again!  just kidding . . .

it was pretty funny that I kept opening the thread and some others were doing the same thing!

Todd :)

Pro Cables N Sound
www.greatcables.us

coupon code "parker"

Parker Nite Fly
Fender Telecaster
Schecter C-1 Elite
Kramer Pacer Delux
Kronodale Recycle G
Dr Z Maz Jr 2x10
Dr Z Monza 1x10
Dr Z Z28 1x10
various pedals
Pro Cables N Sound
www.greatcables.us

coupon code "parker"

Parker Nite Fly
Fender Telecaster
Schecter C-1 Elite
Kramer Pacer Delux
Kronodale Recycle G
Dr Z Maz Jr 2x10
Dr Z Monza 1x10
Dr Z Z28 1x10
various pedals

What next

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
What next
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »
Well it does say " Whats Next".

I kinda feel like I have to click on it every day just to find out.  [:D]

A few Flys in my soup
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:24:52 PM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

What next

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
What next
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill

Well it does say " Whats Next".

I kinda feel like I have to click on it every day just to find out.  [:D]

A few Flys in my soup

+1

Maybe someday we'll find out! [^]

Pearl White Custom Dragonfly HSH 2010 / Voodoo Blackburst Custom S3 2011 / Ceriatone HRM amplifier / Axe FX II
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX III