Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Powerblock  (Read 6717 times)

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Powerblock
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 02:07:47 AM »
yeah i saw those as well.  They look cool.  i just can't help but think - What's the catch?

2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Powerblock

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
Powerblock
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 06:09:08 AM »
i dont think theres any catch, it may just be that sound control have a few. and arnt selling so theyre shifting them at a stupid price

Kavan,

Fly deluxe - ice blue burst( ETA 17th - 21st Jan '07), Ibanez DMM1 daron malakian signature model,   01 gibson gothic explorer. Marshall MG250DFX, Boss GT8 Processor, Elixr Strings, Apple Macbook Core2duo 2ghz/1gb/SD/80gig, Samson CO1U Studio condenser mic

www.myspace.com/suicidesticks

Powerblock

Offline DrJeff

Powerblock
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 11:11:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by porieux

Too bad Crate stuff sounds horrible. It would be a real shame to play a nice guitar like a Parker thru something like that, IMHO...

Years ago, Crate gained a well-deserved reputation for producing substandard gear. More recently, they have redeemed themselves with the upper end of their product line. I have posted more times that I can recall praising the CA-125 acoustic amp. Its a tough hole to dig out of, because you generally don't get a second chance to make a good first impression.1997 Sunburst Nitefly SA
2000 Metallic Red Fly Deluxe
Tech 21 Trademark 60
Crate CA125
Rgds,
Jeff

Powerblock

Offline jamrcat

Powerblock
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 11:27:01 AM »
While we are on the subject of sub-standard gear! Another brand that is inexpensive and yet has produced some good stuff is Behringer. I'll be the first to admit you generally get what you pay for. But I have a Behringer Ultra Curve Pro equalizer and for convenience and price sake I now own two Behringer mixers that are everything my Mackie and Spirit boards were for a fraction of the cost. OK, I didn't expect the quality to be the same and they are not, but they certainly have performed well and no-one has pointed out in any performance that our sound has been compromised in quality! [^]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
05' Parker TR P-36 Modified w/SD's
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 11:28:20 AM by jamrcat »
"A Fly for each hand!"

Powerblock

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Powerblock
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 02:14:26 AM »
having lugged my cavin legacy 2x12 combo to rehearsal last night for the first time, the powerblock is looking attractive.....can anyone lend me 50 quid?

2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Powerblock

Offline mountaindewaddict

Powerblock
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »
I just got my PB150 a couple weeks ago.  I traded my Flame Maple Dean Exotica straight across for it - best trade I ever made!  Anyway, I love the thing!  It's light, it fits in my backpack (along with all my cables and other assorted guitar gizmos), and it's really pretty transparent.  It is PERFECT for using with multi-effects units (like my GNX4 and Magicstomp 2).  If you really love to get your tone from the amp, it may not be good enough for you to use as your main amp (still a great back-up though!), but I use it for mine.  I haven't had time to play around with the input/output options yet (like the effects loop), as I'm heading into another semester of my Master's.  For the money, I would call it an essential for every gigging guitar/bass player.

MountainDewAddict

Gear:
Parker P-44, Ibanez GAX 70, Takamine G-Series,  Digitech GNX4, Yamaha Magicstomp, Crate Powerblock 150, Various other assorted pedals and gizmos

"Remember, if at first you don't succeed, you're doing it wrong."

God Bless!
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!