Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: new curator wanted  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Marco76

new curator wanted
« on: November 06, 2011, 09:01:12 AM »
It seems time for me to pass along the office of Curator of the Guides. (Some time ago, one of our senior Parker board members mentioned a willingness to step in for me, but I cannot recall the name.)

If you are interested in taking over, I will mail you a DVD with all of the image files, the page codes, and some "how-to" comments. You can then set up the two Guides anew using your own image hosting website and your own editable Topic pages. We can then ask the board administrator to delete my original Guides and "sticky" the replacements.

I am open for nominations, and will allow a period of a week or so for people to see this posting and respond.
Marco

new curator wanted

Offline Strandwolf

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577969013
new curator wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 07:50:41 PM »
You've done a marvelous job on these guides.

Thank you for your efforts.
Parkers: Pick, cap, T-shirt, clock, and other assorted accouterments

new curator wanted

Offline billy

new curator wanted
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 12:13:15 PM »
+1, thanks much

I think Paul M expressed an interest in doing some field guides?

I wish I had the time, but then again I'm not really the right kind of organizing/detail person..!
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]

new curator wanted

Offline Marco76

new curator wanted
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:57:04 AM »
Perhaps, I should point out the duties of the post. A modest allowance for uniforms will be enough for parade day dress. But travel expenses to embassy dinners and such are not compensated.

Seriously, there is very little involved. This change is mostly a matter of moving the image hosting to an account that will be kept active. If I were to drop my photobucket account, the Guides would show up empty.

Beyond that, to the extent that the new curator is interested, keeping the Guides "up to date" might be the grandest dimension of the post. That would amount to adding new images from time to time as photos of new finishes or better photos of existing ones are found. In practice, this turns out to be all of adding one or two over a course of months. After all, images of almost all known Fly paint colors are already in place.
Marco

new curator wanted

Offline sybersitizen

new curator wanted
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 11:41:18 AM »
Marco, I volunteer to carry the baton forward. Actually, I've grabbed the images and code from your original thread, so I can recreate it whenever you'd like.

'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

new curator wanted

Offline Marco76

new curator wanted
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »
Let's do that, Ray. And if you PM me your mailing address, I'll send along a disk with the unlabeled images as well as notes on my image processing procedures, for whatever use that may be to you, either in blending new images into my presentation or in systematically improving upon it.
Marco