Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NGD: Deluxe w/ new headstock  (Read 7418 times)

Offline Metal J

NGD: Deluxe w/ new headstock
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BillyT

MetalJ,
We've stuck by you so far. If you think we need to take another look at this, we will.

Fret specs are .105 x .50. Nice Medium Jumbo specs. Not railroad ties like an Ibanez.

Thanks BillyT. Everyone at JAM and Parker has been great and I appreciate the prompt service I've received so far. I guess I've just got bad luck........and it's bumming me out! I actually just sold my other Deluxe with trem to a friend before Christmas anticipating this one would be ok..........and now I'm tremless. :(

Seems everyone is in holidays........I'll try calling later this week.
Oh Canada....our homes on native land.

Offline BillyT

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 02:20:05 PM »
They are here today. Go through the switchboard if you have to to get to Ryan Struck. Dial 5171 for Ryan or 5100 for operator.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BillyT

Simonlock, they are nitefly frets.

Meaning that NiteFly frets have always been different from Fly frets? Hmm, I didn't know that.

'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline BillyT

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »
Yes they have always been different.

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 10:27:49 AM »
Simon:  I can tell you the "new" frets feel awesome.  No issues here with fat, flat , crappy frets.  They are nicely rounded, just not the same as the skinny guys of old, (which were also wonderful!)

Pearl White Custom Dragonfly HSH 2010 / Voodoo Blackburst Custom S3 2011 / Ceriatone HRM amplifier / Axe FX II
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX III

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »
Not sure what is used currently but the old Nitefly frets were taller and slightly narrower than frets on the Fly. The Stealth had Nitefly frets and I rather like the taller frets. But I also liked scalloped fret boards a long time ago.

I don't understand that white guitar at all. Unless they changed drastically the procedure Fly frets are not dressed at all. They were supported in a steel jig during the gluing operation so that they were aligned from the get go.
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 09:41:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by 908ssp

I don't understand that white guitar at all. Unless they changed drastically the procedure Fly frets are not dressed at all. They were supported in a steel jig during the gluing operation so that they were aligned from the get go.

Yeah, this is odd to me also. Unless the fretwire itself is not consistent in shape as it is being manufactured.

I don't think people understand how hard to would be to "dress" hardened stainless steel frets, it's very hard on tools. It's a completely different animal than traditional frets which are a much softer material. Maybe they used two different batches of fretwire on that fretboard?

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
http://www.DIYguitarist.com
http://www.myspace.com/j201jams

Offline jester700

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 12:33:44 PM »
It'd be nice to know what IS typically done on parkers.  My 924 and one 422 have frets that are "scratchy" - not well polished though perfectly crowned (the 924 only has a bit of this in a few fret range). They're not the same wire, and maybe the glued type can be hardened more, but apparently there's still SOME fretwork that happens, if only polishing.

But I agree with others here - I would not accept flat frets on a new Deluxe. Time to glue on a new board.

Offline bodde

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
How did this story end? some frets look indeed flatter then others on that picture. But it can also be because of the quality of the picture.
2007 PARKER FLY ARTIST 3TSB (SOLD)
2006 PARKER FLY MOJO BLUE FLAME (SOLD)

Offline Metal J

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 08:06:09 PM »
They're flat.......trust me! And not polished like the rest. The frets that have been worked on sound scratchy when bending the strings. That wasn't the only issue either. The first fret marker was half painted over and some of the tuners were rough to turn. They were mounted a little crooked as well. Definitely not consistent with the 6 other Parker's I've owned.

Hoping to hear from the guys at Parker soon. I so badly just want a flawless guitar in my hands as soon as possible!
Oh Canada....our homes on native land.

Offline bodde

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 04:22:23 AM »
Of course. For that money the guitar has to be absolutely perfect. Sound very sloppy and not something you would expect from a Parker. I wonder why it got through the quality control. It is not a cheap Squier or something.
Major bummer! good luck.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:25:39 AM by bodde »
2007 PARKER FLY ARTIST 3TSB (SOLD)
2006 PARKER FLY MOJO BLUE FLAME (SOLD)