Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lithium Rechargeable Battery  (Read 4989 times)

Offline danjazzny

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2919
Lithium Rechargeable Battery
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 12:49:47 PM »
I got the tape idea from 908ssp when I bought his Artist. Another good idea Alex had was to write the date on the tape with a sharpie when you change the battery. Then you'll know how long your battery is lasting. [;)]

'97 Alex Artist 4lbs12oz; '99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97  TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '98 3-Tone Sunburst Artist (Hardtail)5lbs2oz; '99 Tobacco Sunburst Supreme 5lbs13oz; '09 Custom DragonFly 814 (Hardtail) 4lbs10oz; Line6 Flextone 3 Amp; Line 6 Vetta II Amp

'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Lithium Rechargeable Battery

Offline Paul Marossy

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7330
  • Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
Lithium Rechargeable Battery
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by danjazzny

I got the tape idea from 908ssp when I bought his Artist. Another good idea Alex had was to write the date on the tape with a sharpie when you change the battery. Then you'll know how long your battery is lasting. [;)]


Ha, more good tips!

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
http://www.DIYguitarist.com
http://www.myspace.com/j201jams

Lithium Rechargeable Battery

Offline Bill

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4839
  • What is this ?
Lithium Rechargeable Battery
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 02:47:48 PM »
Quote
Originally posted by danjazzny

 "Another good idea Alex had was to write the date on the tape with a sharpie when you change the battery. Then you'll know how long its lasting. [;)]"



Yeah, Alex said that works for underwear too.

I don't know, cause I haven't changed them yet [:0]

A few Flys in my soup
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:49:56 PM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Lithium Rechargeable Battery

Offline jpleong

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 286
Lithium Rechargeable Battery
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 03:48:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill

Yeah, Alex said that works for underwear too.

I don't know, cause I haven't changed them yet [:0]

A few Flys in my soup



You wear underwear...? [;)]

JP
2007 Fly Mojo Singlecut -STOLEN :(
MM Quilted-Maple Cherryburst
2009 Nitefly Mojo
Natural
2013 PDF105
Blackburst

Lithium Rechargeable Battery

Offline Paul Marossy

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7330
  • Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
Lithium Rechargeable Battery
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »
What is das "underwear"?! [:D]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
http://www.DIYguitarist.com
http://www.myspace.com/j201jams

Lithium Rechargeable Battery

Offline lucgravely

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1340
  • the odds have it.
Lithium Rechargeable Battery
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 07:23:28 AM »
Another solution would be to get a 9V battery clip like pictured in the far right of this item. (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/rocktron-9v-dc-ontap-accessory-adaptor-cables/158007000000000) Then you could just plug up the guitar to a wall wart like when you plug up a stompbox.

My last idea for a solution would be to disconnect the mags from the preamp and go passive. Alex's wiring diagrams would server for a fun late night project I'm sure.
Luc Gravely
Parker Fly Mojo Singlecut
Parker NiteFly NV1
Mesa/Boogie Mark I
1966 Fender BandMaster
A few pedals...

Lithium Rechargeable Battery

Offline Paul Marossy

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7330
  • Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
Lithium Rechargeable Battery
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by lucgravely

Another solution would be to get a 9V battery clip like pictured in the far right of this item. (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/rocktron-9v-dc-ontap-accessory-adaptor-cables/158007000000000) Then you could just plug up the guitar to a wall wart like when you plug up a stompbox.

My last idea for a solution would be to disconnect the mags from the preamp and go passive. Alex's wiring diagrams would server for a fun late night project I'm sure.



That would work too. But you would need to make sure that you use a regulated 9V power supply that puts out 9V no matter what load is connected to it or you run the risk of frying the preamp in guitar due to am overvoltage condition.

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
http://www.DIYguitarist.com
http://www.myspace.com/j201jams

Lithium Rechargeable Battery

Offline ZemanG2

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 425
Lithium Rechargeable Battery
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 05:59:26 PM »
I think I will try the tape, such a freaking brilliant idea! I work on cell phones and computers and see that all the time, never made the connection!

Underwear? Who wears that stuff anyways? A nice kilt and you're good?

When the ribbon cable dies I will look into the passive wiring, actually I will look into it again .

But again not having a problem with the battery life, I just don't like digging that thing out, dropped my fly last time and almost had a heart attack!  What I do is on the side of my case I write the date of the battery and strings and type on there. This kinda helps me rotate guitars and remember what is on what. Thanks for the conversation, I still am laughing at the underwear .

1998 Fly Classic
2007 Nitefly Mojo Flame
2005 Fly Mojo Single Cut
2009 Pm-20 Pro
Parker p10e
Martin 000-15ce
2001 Gibson Chet Atkins SST
I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!