Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: serial # is on a paper sticker on my Hornet  (Read 3262 times)

Offline rhett

serial # is on a paper sticker on my Hornet
« on: June 04, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »
Hi everyone,

I dearly love my maroon 4 string Hornet - the tone beat out every other bass within a reasonable price range in Atlanta Bass Gallery on that fateful day years ago, IMHO. And it still whips everything else I've heard since that doesn't have piezo pickups, so I have decided that must be the magic ingredient for my ears. Even though I rarely play 4 stringers any more, I haven't had the heart to seriously consider letting this one go unless I find a 5er to replace her with - hint, hint!

I've heard this model is the M.I.K PB41, but I don't see any identifying marks except for Hornet on the headstock and strangely, a paper sticker with the serial number 05060135 on the backside of the headstock - what's this mean? Should I inscribe it inside the control cavity for when it inevitably wears off/to the point of illegibility?

I see little chrome circles inside the bridge (black hardware) near where the strings seat for top mounting, are these the actual piezo contacts? I find it a little odd that the bass sounds much better when bypassing contact with these by stringing through body - although I realize the vibration transference is still happening...aren't the pups generally located in the saddles?

Can anyone tell me what types of tuners these are and where I might find a Hipshot Xtender? It does not appear that Hipshot is currently carrying these...

Thanks and rock on fellow Parker bass lovers!

~rhett

Offline rhett

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »
Oh, and one other thing - what's the knob configuration on this baby? My ears aren't refined enough to ascertain for sure other than the volume knob (haha) thanks to tinnitus and high frequency hearing loss -- WEAR EARPLUGS WHEN LOUD!!!
I feel a little bufoonish when someone asks what the config is and I just sheepishly smile, shrug and say "Idunno."