Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rubberband live!  (Read 2970 times)

Offline robbentrower

Rubberband live!
« on: June 26, 2012, 02:51:01 PM »
Here's a couple sets from our first gig this weekend. This band had one rehearsal. The singer is a full time doctor. Comes in handy when the drummer explodes.  Parker Mojo limited edition (21 of 25) seasonal autumn burl.  My effects are a wah, and a zen drive. Absolutely smoking version of 'fight the power.' I have been playing this for years with various people, but this one beats them all. Even more amazing considering it was the first time we ever played it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOaNqrBe1TM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8NpI8XKWP4
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 02:53:49 PM by robbentrower »

Re: Rubberband live!

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 05:22:49 PM »
You sure can play that thing  :)
A few Flys in my soup

Offline mountaindewaddict

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 06:22:38 PM »
Sounds great!  Are you getting your wah tone from a Line 6 M5?  That's what it looks like in the video.
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Offline robbentrower

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 07:24:01 PM »
It's a weeping demon wah.  the line 6 box was there for secondary effects, like volume swell,  but i never used it!

Offline mountaindewaddict

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 07:42:22 PM »
Cool - thanks. 
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Offline Noodler

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 08:28:58 PM »
The low camera shot was good for watch your nice tap dancing routine. ;)

So what's the story with the drummer?  Ummm, really?  Your playing was phenomenal as always - loved Boogie Oogie - I have a soft spot for the funky stuff.

Offline robbentrower

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 09:28:35 PM »
Thanks! Yeah, this is what happens when you hire a midget for camera work! I just put it on the tripod and thought we would all be in there. First night videos came out better, but the playing was better second night.

Deal with the drummer? You mean his playing or his kit? Surprised me with just a snare, high hat, cymbal and bass drum. I was suspicious on first seeing it, but after hearing how quiet he was, and how well we could all hear each other, I was happy.

The good thing was that we were so quiet, people could still have conversations ten feet away. That's a first for me. I didn't have to wear earplugs at all.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:31:00 PM by robbentrower »

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 09:59:19 PM »
Deal with the drummer? You mean his playing or his kit? Surprised me with just a snare, high hat, cymbal and bass drum. I was suspicious on first seeing it, but after hearing how quiet he was, and how well we could all hear each other, I was happy.
I found the whole thing quite enjoyable, and I appreciate the sheer simplicity of it. This is what live rock is about to me: a handful of people with a minimum of stuff working as a team and sounding great. And special kudos to your singer, 'The Doctor', too.

If you happen to be familiar with Led Zeppelin's live DVD box set, my favorite part of that is the old B&W TV studio recording they did for an audience of a couple dozen teenagers. Classic Zep performed just inches away from your face with no arena-rock distractions.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »
Nice Sets! If you were playing in my neck of the woods we'd come out to see you for sure. It'd be nice to see what everyone looks like from the neck up.   ;)
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline Noodler

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 07:01:33 PM »
Yep, it was the incredibly simple drum kit that really just looked/felt odd.  Clearly he has no trouble keeping a steady beat and I have to admit it's tough to find any drummer that will back off on the volume.  So if you found one then you have yourselves a rare species.

Offline robbentrower

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »
I sent these vids to a venue and just got hired for another weekend next week! This owner really hates loud bands as they get neighbor complaints and people run from the main room because they can't talk to each other. It is always drummers that cause the problem. This is the same club Lee Aaron played at for years when she did her jazz thing. It is a small room.

I got the gig mainly because i promised him a quiet drummer! Lol! Well, he likes the singer, too.

In regards to the low shot on these videos, I will put up the Friday night vids which have a better camera angle.