Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another Parker for me  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Noodler

Another Parker for me
« on: September 22, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »
Technically this is Parker #6 for me (although I really don't play the PM-20 anymore).

I decided that I'm selling my Ibanez super Strat and this DF524 just happened along at a decent price.

I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping it's as good as the prototypes that I played on the factory tour a few years ago.  This is an original DragonFly (not the later renamed MaxxFly).  It has the Fishman system instead of the Graph Tech.  I'll most likely swap out the pickups for DiMarzio Areas or SD Stack Plus pickups  (I like single coil tones without the hum).  I'm also seriously interested in the SD P-Rails pickup to replace the humbucker.

My goal for this guitar is to cop those Strat single coil tones without having to own a Strat (I hate the neck and the frets on Strats).  I figured that the DF524 with an alder body and a maple neck plus all the many other Parker improvements should be able to get me where I want to be.  I thought long and hard about an older NiteFly, but decided in the end to stick to a guitar without the carbon in the mix.  Having only one guitar where I will have to wrestle with the truss rod and maintain the fretboard won't be much of an issue.

Re: Another Parker for me

Offline Obsidian

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 01:14:07 PM »
Well, it sure looks ace to me. :)

Hang on... Six?

About the stratlike thing: And there I was thinking about something like this as a future project a couple of days ago... (but decided I had allready spent a bit more than I'd like recently). Let me know how it turns out.

Oh, and a group shot would be cool :)

happy weekend

Offline Noodler

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 03:36:10 PM »
I only started buying "real" USA Parkers less than 3 years ago and now I have 5 of them.  Once I sell my Ibanez SA1260 Prestige my entire quiver will be Parker except for my Hofner Jazzica archtop.  How's that for a Parker endorsement?  What can I say other than that Parkers have completely spoiled every other guitar for me.  I even played a used Suhr Modern a couple weeks back and put it down within 5 minutes.  It just couldn't compare to my Flys.

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 08:48:04 PM »
Cool blue too!   ;)
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline Noodler

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 10:32:52 PM »
Ya know, I don't know what color this thing is going to show up with.  The description said it was the Emerald Green satin model, but the pictures they posted are more like a dark teal blue.  The Parker site pics for this guitar shows the emerald green looking nothing like this guitar.  Should be interesting...  ;)

Offline Obsidian

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 01:28:41 AM »
Having owned an emerald green Fly for 10 ish years now I can guarantee you that that isn't emerald green.

Maybe it is black ice or some colour I cannot come up with at the moment, looks cool though.

Offline luke_h

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 06:38:37 AM »
Nice to see you've got good instrument :) Would you show some video test of your Parker when it will be yours? :)