Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: e-Jam  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
e-Jam
« on: December 21, 2005, 09:47:37 PM »
e-Jam? Sounds kinda like toe-jam without the "to". [8)] Anyway, wouldn't it be a hoot for the folks on the Parker Forum to each send in an audio file of about a 10 second original "random riff" ? [:p] It would be like a little audio signature...like the signature we have now at the bottom of our post but a button you click and get our "parker random riff" signature....then we could string them together, edit them down and make what probably people would have to call noise. At the very least we could show the kinda sounds the various models are capable of. Wow, thats gotta scare JohnP to death as it would likely kill off sales[:o)]... With a little editing, we could come up with an interesting cross sectional forum sound bite...I even think I know what some of you might sound like...[8D].

Fly Deluxe 2000;Gibson es 137;       AlverezYari '75; SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker
A few Flys in my soup

e-Jam

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
e-Jam
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 09:52:35 PM »
We would have to exclude guys posting to the tech topic cause their bite, like thier threads, would sound too much like a country music song... "I think I'm gonna have to break down and cry cause I'm skinny and broke just like my Parker Fly" (LOL)

Fly Deluxe 2000;Gibson es 137;       AlverezYari '75; SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker
A few Flys in my soup

e-Jam

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
e-Jam
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 03:27:13 AM »
sounds like a fun idea.  i don't have a web site from which to host the soundbite - can we all send them to you so you can edit/splice them into a chart-topper?(with a cool guitar solo)
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

e-Jam

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
e-Jam
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 07:52:24 AM »
Uhhh sorry, wrong guy for that. I'm a techno zero. I would be able to contribute to the cause by editing/splicing to come up with an audible "forum beat"(or even come up with a few variations we could all vote on). Even then someone would have to help me with downloading into a "time line"...maybe could do it as an audio file on my video editor?? I'll start looking into it but bet someone on the forum is already an expert??

A few Flys in my soup

e-Jam

Offline captain_rusty

• http://www.s3cretcode.com
e-Jam
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 11:35:42 AM »
10 seconds? Just solo guitar or with a backing?

Maybe to keep coherent you'd need to suggest a key and a bpm...

But I like the idea... [:)]

2001 Fly Classic -> Ibanez WD7 wah -> Behringer V-Ampire head / Red Bear MK60 -> two 1x12 Fane cabinets
David

2001 Fly Classic -> Digitech GSP1101 -> PA.
Band web page: www.s3cretcode.com

e-Jam

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
e-Jam
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 04:27:07 PM »
May need to hold off on backing at first(could go back and add later) as may use that to tie all the various pieces together

A few Flys in my soup

e-Jam

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
e-Jam
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 10:13:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by captain_rusty

10 seconds? Just solo guitar or with a backing?

Maybe to keep coherent you'd need to suggest a key and a bpm...

But I like the idea... [:)]

2001 Fly Classic -> Ibanez WD7 wah -> Behringer V-Ampire head / Red Bear MK60 -> two 1x12 Fane cabinets

or even better, give everyone a specific key and bpm to start with and another to finish with, so each person could modulate into the key for the next person.  or we could all just play twelve tone row serials, which have neither tempo nor key.  [[^]