Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: clapton/landreth-promised land  (Read 3240 times)

Offline bembamboo

Re: clapton/landreth-promised land

Offline Obsidian

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 03:33:20 PM »
Yay!

I grew up on clapton and up until I was 16-17 he was al I ever looked for in a guitar player and a musician. Glad I got to see him live in that period of time.

But Sonny, my oh my is he awesome or what. I already knew a bit about him before finally seeing him live on a small (5000 people ish is small enough I guess) blues festival which literally took place in my backyard. The fretting behind he slide makes so much difference, it is brilliant and I had to focus on not having my jaw on the ground constantly.

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Noodler

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 02:36:28 AM »
I have never put in the time (wood shedding) to learn to play slide like that.  Sonny has a unique style that's fun to watch and listen to.  I had just heard a tune from him on Sirius XM Bluesville the other day and his tone on that cut was very reminiscent of Eric Johnson - definitely made me want to go check out more of his stuff.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 11:58:07 AM »
I dug up this interview with EC talking about his moves from Fender (Yardbirds) to Gibson (Bluesbreakers/Cream/Blind Faith, etc.) and back to Fender...

http://learningguitarnow.com/blog/blues-guitar/eric-clapton-speaks-best-blues-guitar-gibson-or-fender/

I wonder if he ever tried a Fly?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:06:36 PM by sybersitizen »
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline bembamboo

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 09:16:30 AM »
nood-fyi

powersoak

« on: October 01, 2011, 03:07:23 AM »

Alex:  wondered what sonny used on his dumble (i assume) in austin with eric johnson in this video? thot u might be interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K5a8cSp8b8

Offline brownjohn

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 12:15:29 AM »
Nice song like it..... :D

Offline bembamboo

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 09:24:01 AM »
darn clapton.  fender, gibson, fender.  martin, gibson, fender. i dunno.  bolt-on, single coils, alder/ash/maple, toploader.  or tilt/set, mahogany, 24 3/4 scale, humbucks/p-90s, more crunch, tuneomatic.  who can decide these things?  the elegance of an earlier 60s thin little melodymaker in nitro pelham...,  or the incomparable feel of an early 50s blonde-on-blonde esquire????