Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Neck Quality Issues  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Mikey55

Neck Quality Issues
« on: December 25, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »
Parker's reputation for quality is unwarranted in my experience.  I bought a Parker Fly Mojo Midi in April 2011 (so, yes, conveniently for Parker, their one year warranty has expired).  The guitar began buzzing on the lower register frets, while the higher registers were buzz-free.  Seems unlikely, right?  i took the guitar to my local guitar tech who pointed out that the fretboard is separating from the neck.  I am an amateur who plays the guitar several hours a week.  The guitar has been out of my house once, for a two hour jam session.  I would be angry if a $300 Mexican Strat suffered such a fate after a year and a half of gentle play.  But a $4,000 guitar?!?!  Looks like a replay of CBS' purchase of Fender.  Unfortunately, I have a Post - U.S. Music Corp. Parker Fly, which will probably have all the value of a post-CBS Fender down the road.  STEER CLEAR OF PARKER UNTIL THEY FIX THEIR QUALITY ISSUES!!!  Caveat Emptor!!

Re: Neck Quality Issues

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 08:10:55 PM »
That's not good at all! You should contact Parker and see what they could do to help.  :-[
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline mockchoi

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 10:51:16 PM »
Parker's reputation for quality is unwarranted in my experience.  I bought a Parker Fly Mojo Midi in April 2011 (so, yes, conveniently for Parker, their one year warranty has expired).  The guitar began buzzing on the lower register frets, while the higher registers were buzz-free.  Seems unlikely, right?  i took the guitar to my local guitar tech who pointed out that the fretboard is separating from the neck.  I am an amateur who plays the guitar several hours a week.  The guitar has been out of my house once, for a two hour jam session.  I would be angry if a $300 Mexican Strat suffered such a fate after a year and a half of gentle play.  But a $4,000 guitar?!?!  Looks like a replay of CBS' purchase of Fender.  Unfortunately, I have a Post - U.S. Music Corp. Parker Fly, which will probably have all the value of a post-CBS Fender down the road.  STEER CLEAR OF PARKER UNTIL THEY FIX THEIR QUALITY ISSUES!!!  Caveat Emptor!!

Yeah, same thing happened with my Mojo Midi; same symptoms, and then I noticed the same thing with the fretboard.  The good news is that they fixed it (are in the process of fixing it) for me for free.  If they don't contact you because of this post, send ryanoryan a note and I think he'll fix you up.