Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How about a NAMM preview?  (Read 15260 times)

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
Re: How about a NAMM preview?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 09:05:46 PM »
Thanks Billy.  8)

Offline bembamboo

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 09:23:57 AM »
robot?  music man automated guitar mft, usa!  0:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uXbgqCrtZM

Offline Putt

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 09:41:20 AM »
I see the PDF 35 has the GraphTech Ghost system. Pity that there is no mention of a 13 pin output. I keep eyeing my Parker Bronze, and weighing the words "mint" vs. "useful".

Offline ryanoryan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »
Hi Everybody!

We're all still here, and all still working very hard behind the scenes. 

We had a large amount of behind the scenes events occuring the past year,  mainly involving tweaking the product to make it better.  We've been addressing and fixing alot of behind the scenes production techniques,  the full on transition to the Ghost system, ect.  Also optimizing our new factory itself.  All of this occured at a point where interest in the product was up as well as our orders so its been a very solid year of wall-to-wall action.  2012 became a new starting point year for alot of things and it was mostly devoted to refinement of operations and catch-up.  The Guitars we've produced so far in Buffalo Grove IL have been some of the very best in our history (I know they are because we still perform a lot of repair work on older 90's fly's so we've always got a real cross-comparison to work from)

Sorry I've been away-  while the factory has been tending to their projects I've been working and updating alot of our other brands service operations including Marshall Amplification for the USA market.  I've also been helping alot with some of our new Washburn products as well.  Our customer contact points are working and my team is handling alot of the day to day while I've been moving the bigger pieces and monitoring our activities.

We've opted for the Facebook approach for updates because it simply is faster and reaches a very broad audience as social media is becoming a key component in our customer interactions.  If you all have a Facebook account, please like us and you can see pictures and updates on a fairly regular basis- we try to get something up there each and every day whether its an actual product, or something just for fun. 

Parker is still very much an important part of the company-  and me personally.  When I was a young whipper-snapper it was a Fly that got me into guitars to begin which ended up being the stepping stone that has defined my career to this point,  so we all have a keen interest in making sure the brand can be everything it can be.  We still have a few miles to go before we're through and back to routine,  but it's in sight now

thanks everybody, we appreciate your support.

- Ryan Struck

Offline mountaindewaddict

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »
Ryan, that's really reassuring, thanks!  Can't wait to see what Parker has for us in the future!  :D
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »
That's good news to hear Ryan!   8)
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline ghibby

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 02:38:50 PM »
Excellent news, Ryan! Can't wait to see what's next!
One request, if you would: I'm still avoiding Facebook like the plague (as are others I know), so more frequent Twitter updates would be welcome.

Offline nangillala

• http://www.kinsai-music.de
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 04:58:01 AM »
Ryan, thanks for chiming in and letting us know, that we are still "important" ;)

@ghibby: Even if you are not a registered Facebook user you can see Parker's activities, pictures, etc. because they are open to the public. Just go here: https://www.facebook.com/parkerguitars
Looking for a Stealth - If you have one for sale please contact me.

Offline just1n

Offline lucgravely

• the odds have it.
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 07:00:09 AM »
I think this is a good looking guitar. And I see the production cost savings; they glued the Parker carbon fret board on a bolt-on neck. Not sure why they haven't done this before! It makes perfect sense. You get the Parker playability and the traditional ease of building a bolt-on guitar. I totally dig the "compromise" if it continues the Parker line for decades to come.
Luc Gravely
Parker Fly Mojo Singlecut
Parker NiteFly NV1
Mesa/Boogie Mark I
1966 Fender BandMaster
A few pedals...

Offline just1n

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 01:55:50 PM »
I wonder if thats the only new model, i want to see more :)

Offline Obsidian

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »
If you've got incredibly good eyes you might see something, They posted the booth on facebook :) Last year we got some pretty tasty pictures that way...

The new model is basically a DF824 with more luxorious wood choices... Right? Nice guitar, bur for me the set Necks are the ultimate selling point... Of course we all want something different!  :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:57:47 AM by Obsidian »

Offline mountaindewaddict

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 06:47:03 PM »
I don't know Obsidian... I love the neck on my Fly Deluxe, but man(!), having that perfect fretboard on a neck I can replace if something goes wrong (God forbid) is a pretty killer idea.  I've been on the fence about my next Parker, and this just made it worse!

Full Disclosure: Part of the reason I say that is Fishman's new "Fluence" pickups.  Those pups in one of these guitars = tonal nirvana!
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Offline stealthtastic

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2014, 07:23:57 AM »
I checked out the booth at NAMM.  The cocobolo neck/red flame top looked so amazing in person, pictures do not do it justice. 

Offline trevort2

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 09:47:20 PM »
I wish I could fall in love with the new Parker but, I just can't quite get there :-\.I especially
Dislike the new body styles/ headstock.The quality just isn't as good as pe-refined and they
Have really priced it out of reach. There cases are junk,switches are terrible.
I have owned their Mojo, Silver burst limited,single cut,Nightfly Mojo
And there are some nice things like the point to point wiring ability to change pups easier and cool finishes.
But, the fit and feel of my 95 deluxe and 98' Classic is so nice. Everything including the Hiscox
Case is first class. It's like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Lexus.
The switches are firm and you can feel the quality and art that was put into these
Guitars.
Sorry for the rant and I know my thoughts might not be popular but,
I do want Parker to continue but, bring back that kind of quality
And maybe I'll consider a new purchase, till then t's pre-refined for me.
I don't care about bells and whistle koa and flames and gold hardware.
That doesn't wow me.

98' Classic Root Beer/trem,95' Deluxe  hardtail Majik Blue,
Kemper Profiling amp