Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How about a NAMM preview?  (Read 14730 times)

Offline stealthtastic

Re: How about a NAMM preview?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 02:59:41 PM »
That's ridiculous, I've owned 2 pre-refined flys and 2 custom shop maxxflys + one maxxfly made in the CS.

The new Parkers DESTROY the older stuff.  Sounds WAY better and looks better.

Offline jb63

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2014, 11:54:36 AM »
I don't know about DESTROY, but the newer ones are tanks compared to the older ones.
I have a very light touch and the pre-refined is perfect for that, but with the newer ones I can be louder and sloppier.

That's the only difference I can report besides the actual looks.

Offline Twanking45

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 09:21:26 AM »
Stealth, are you by any chance a fan of high output? I can see that guitarists with a penchant for more drive would love the newer ones. The tension wheel is also a week point they did away with. I like my 1996 deluxe for its playability and design, and some of the tones (I'm a single-coil guy).

What I don't think I will ever get over, though, is the loss of the Nitefly. I have two--one early one and another from 2007. I took in the latest one cuz I was so afraid of messing up the other one. The idea that I would lose that now redundant instrument is unthinkable to me.

The new parker Nitefly model eliminates everything I love about that guitar. I accept what has happened, though I stare listlessly through the window at the falling rain. Trying in vain to make sense of a world turned upside down (sigh).  :-\
>>---> TWANK <---<<

-Nitefly V3 (1997)
-Parker Deluxe (1996)

Offline bembamboo

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 08:29:28 AM »
last paragraph gives me a song idea.  mind if i use the lyric??

Offline Twanking45

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 09:42:56 AM »
you may use the line, just make sure that at the apex of your next libidinous experience you scream out MY name, regardless of who you're with at the time (alone does not count).
>>---> TWANK <---<<

-Nitefly V3 (1997)
-Parker Deluxe (1996)