Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No serial numbers on Parker Custom models?  (Read 3056 times)

Offline mysticheadlice

No serial numbers on Parker Custom models?
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »
I am looking at a parker Custom guitar on line.  The owner seems to know nothing about it.  It has a custom shop red/white/blue paint job and in the only picture available appears to be a "fly" of some sort.  They tell me it has NO SERIAL NUMBER??  Is that correct, do the Custom Shop models have no serial numbers.  Are there any distinct characteristics I can ask about in order to know what model it is?  (it has a trem but no adjusting wheel through the body, has three knobs and two switches)

Re: No serial numbers on Parker Custom models?

Offline danjazzny

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:00:58 AM »
Welcome to the Parker Forum mhl! If it's a Fly it sounds like it's refined. It might have a Parker Guitars logo on the front of the headstock and a Fly logo on the back. Good luck!   :)
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »
They tell me it has NO SERIAL NUMBER??  Is that correct, do the Custom Shop models have no serial numbers.
As I recall, some do and some don't... and some have hand-painted identifiers instead. There's no hard and fast rule.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 09:31:26 PM »
Mine had no serial, then I sent it in for a repair job and it came back with one!  Go figure :)
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX III

Offline mysticheadlice

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 11:21:31 AM »
On closer inspection by the owner, they have now said it DOES have a serial number which reads  P0801166  which I am confused about.  I understand the explanation for a 6 digit serial number but a 7 I don't get.  The 6 at the end means 2006 model?  80th day of the year?  the 116th guitar made that day?  But what model would it be (if this is enough information to make that determination).  Any information greatly appreciated.
[owner of '93 Deluxe black hardtail, 2001 Deluxe blue w/ trem)

Offline BillyT

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 07:20:43 AM »
This guitar was the 166th guitar made in January of 08.