Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eve is born!  (Read 13637 times)

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
Re: Eve is born!
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2013, 07:28:14 AM »
Just what I expected from the first factory shots. Orange perfection. And it looks great in the sun, I really hope I'll find my inspiration soon and finally get a few green shots too.
Looking forward to your clips though I don't expect them to be too far away from what I know with so many components and the wood being the same.
Enjoy, you won't be able to put it away for quite some time now.  :P

Greetings...
Nef

Offline Obsidian

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 01:58:33 AM »
@Nef
Hope you get those shots up

@Luc
I hit my TC electronic spark booster with the switch set to fat with a tiny bit of gain and some clean boost for some position 2 and 4 sounds, seemed to work a bit at least.

However

The sound clips are going to have to wait, as I have slight regression with the muscles in my left wrist (see my thread on guitar related RSI playing if you're curious, though it is not RSI really). It is nowhere near as bad as the previous time - I noted the signals and stopped playing, so now it is just mildly uncomfortable. It is my own fault, really, I just never made extra time in my schedule to build up strength again in my busy schedule this year (moving countries, jobhunting etc). So lots of rest, and tiny bits of playing to keep the muscles accustomed to moving.

I did bring it to a little jam session with some friends. I didn't play much more than a couple of chords here and there, but we put Eve through her paces on my friends' rig. He's a strat man, but after five minutes he couldn't stop raving about the perfect highs and the incredible light weight. For me, I loved the balance in the sound spectrum, she sounds spectacular over the whole frequency range, making me want to play big ringing chords (incorporating open notes and such). There's something there that is more magical than my Deluxe, maybe it is the spruce, maybe it is my imagination - I don't care if it makes me play it like I mean it.
We got some really good neck pickup sounds out of his setup too. Only solo I played was a twangy country style lick with bridge single coils and the middle pickup - sounded right in the ballpark for me.

Oh, I am sure I can write some more in detail later, but I really want to play a bit more before I share. :) Very happy still!

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2013, 02:23:11 PM »
A thought about your positions 2 and 4.
On my guitar, positions 2 and 4 are not coil tapped unless I actually pull the tone knob to tap the humbuckers.  IOW, position 2 is Neck HB plus middle.  Which is quite fat.  To get the Stratty quack, I have to split the coils which naturally reduces the output level.  Is it the same on yours or are the pickups set to auto-split?
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline Obsidian

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2013, 11:55:12 AM »
It appears to be the same on mine indeed.

So I took a holliday, and some rest from guitar playing for my wrist. But today I finally loaded all my stuff in a van and went to jam with two friends. (drummer and a strat-o-holic). We played a load of different things and other than needing to sit down a bit on my heavily overdriven sounds, and get used to the trem, I couldn't have been more pleased for a first showdown.

In fact, the single coil mid + bridge blew my strat-toting friend out of the water on funky stuff. Add the lovely note separation and beautiful frequency range it seems to have (very balanced to my ear) and well - I need to do this more often. Eve's a real beast that pretty much allows me to do just about anything on the spot - which of course is the idea behind it all.

/rock on

Now to find some new projects...