Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I was wrong. 99.9% of playing is in your fingers :) Check this out....  (Read 3199 times)

Re: I was wrong. 99.9% of playing is in your fingers :) Check this out....

Online Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
[sarcasm] C'mon now, everyone "knows" that the primary source of tone is from your equipment, not your fingers. [/sarcasm]

Paco is amazing! Been a fan for years now.  8)

Offline sybersitizen

But sometimes 10% is in your fingernails.
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Online Paul Marossy

But sometimes 10% is in your fingernails.

Ha ha, good point.

Offline Bagatell

Tocar puro

So true.

Offline mountaindewaddict

Lord Almighty!  That's incredible!  Thanks for sharing!  :D
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
Always great to see Paco. Makes me immediately want to grab the "Friday Night In San Francisco" record and give it a spin. And never touch a guitar again...  ;D

Greetings...
Nef

Online Paul Marossy

Makes me immediately want to grab the "Friday Night In San Francisco" record and give it a spin. And never touch a guitar again... 

+1

Offline prjacobs

My thought as I ponder this amazing virtuosity is that.... Ya gotta start young. Cradled in the arms of supporting parents, in the hands of a qualified teacher, you'll have the free time to practice that isn't as easy to come by as we engage in our adult lives. Learning classical or flamenco guitar is a tried and true method. While the odds are slim that we'll develop into a breathtaking virtuoso, very high levels of play are possible with exceptional application to the task. I have a friend that became a professional musician by sheer force of will and practice, practice, practice...
In this case, I'd have to go with fake nails...

Offline bembamboo

nice.  just playing a thinline yamaha classical nylon electric last night with the boys.  just for texture variation.  vary flat sounding guitar with a plastic back.  certainly don't have a right hand like him, but i do have long nails, mainly no pick.  don't get me started up again on technique and style vs. tone generated by wood, paper diaphragms and cones, nickel, nylon or nails, finger joints, dry pine, alnicos, neos, ceramics, transformers, rectifiers, scatterwounds, wax potting, george-ls, or most importantly tube amps classed A or A/B, and quality parts and electronics.  for me sustain, clean or dirty is important to tone, and just the difference between a strat and a les paul there should illustrate an underpinning in dispute of paul's origional post.  or think about jerry douglas' acoustic or amplified dobro tone.  great fingers but it pretty much sounds like a superlative dobro.  with his guitar, a week, and just a flat pick i am pretty sure i could get his tone.  now his style and/or technique, that might take some years, if ever.     :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:35:24 PM by bembamboo »