Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nitefly vibrato springs won't stay!  (Read 5830 times)

Offline sybersitizen

Re: Nitefly vibrato springs won't stay!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 10:20:36 AM »
By the way, what the heck does "refined" and "pre-refined" mean when applied to a Parker guitar?

Explained in the number one sticky thread here: http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,7128.0.html
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 10:32:27 AM »
By the way, what the heck does "refined" and "pre-refined" mean when applied to a Parker guitar?  I've seen those terms bandied about here, and I'm clueless as to what that refers to.

It really only applies to the Fly. There were several versions of the Nitefly and none of them had a previous version that was "refined" later on.

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
There were several versions of the Nitefly and none of them had a previous version that was "refined" later on.

The most recent NiteFly 'refinement' was to drop the line and hang the name on a guitar that isn't really a NiteFly at all. ;)
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Glen Burton GE47|Dean Vendetta 7-String|Loog 3-String|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 11:46:16 AM »
There were several versions of the Nitefly and none of them had a previous version that was "refined" later on.

The most recent NiteFly 'refinement' was to drop the line and hang the name on a guitar that isn't really a NiteFly at all. ;)

Yeah.  ::)

Re: Nitefly vibrato springs won't stay! Solution!!

Offline Jakob

Re: Nitefly vibrato springs won't stay! Solution!!
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 12:50:32 PM »
I found this solution. Easy -5 minutes- no wrecking any parts and they stay in place.

Might place a piece of hard plastic under between the springs and the metal "clamp".

Well, can't attach pictures from my iPad... Can anybody tell me how to do it?

Offline JamieCrain

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 05:07:17 PM »

Yeah.  ::)

My refined Nitefly is the heaviest sounding guitar out of my four guitars, including the sevens. And easiest to play. The JB packs a sonic boom! ....just wish it had 24 frets.
Parker NiteFly RF622
Parker DFMV7
EB Music Man Majesty 6
Ibanez UV777BK

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 05:42:47 PM »
My refined Nitefly is the heaviest sounding guitar out of my four guitars, including the sevens ...

An RF622 is not a refined NiteFly - it's a radial NiteFly. Not saying there's anything wrong with those ... just that Parker should have given them a different name considering they have very little in common with the original NiteFlys.