Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where to find a replacement bridge for my Parker P9NE??  (Read 3223 times)

Offline duojet

Where to find a replacement bridge for my Parker P9NE??
« on: May 09, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »
Hello to all... I am a Parker acoustic player,and am glad to have joined this forum. My Parker P9 has a bridge that is slightly lifted,but unfortunately the bridge has a crack in the bridge right by the"P" logo,and I dont think the bridge will survive intact when I go to re and re it....so I figured I better have another ready to go as a replacment----but where can I find one?? :(    Thanks to all for any help on this.  - Duojet.

Re: Where to find a replacement bridge for my Parker P9NE??

Offline bno

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »
These went out of production some time ago.  Your only source is going to be to call Parker directly and see if there are still any bridge parts left.  Good luck.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Offline duojet

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 03:18:10 PM »
Thanks  bno.... I will try that too...hopefully someone somewhere has some parts for these guitars....  :)

Offline lucgravely

• the odds have it.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 03:24:56 PM »
I think you'll need to remove it, epoxy the bridge back together and let it set up for 3-4 weeks. Then epoxy it it back to the guitar top and let it set up another 3-4 weeks. Should be fine after that.
Luc Gravely
Parker Fly Mojo Singlecut
Parker NiteFly NV1
Mesa/Boogie Mark I
1966 Fender BandMaster
A few pedals...

Offline duojet

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »
Thanks LucG......  I think you are correct.I fortunately have done this before on an old Yamaki,with success. I talked to the Parker rep on the phone and he confirmed zero replacement parts on these discontinued guitars. I am going to post some pictures this evening of the bridge and the guitar top which I am planning to refinish....  :)

Offline billy

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 08:46:29 PM »
Use wood glue, not epoxy.  If you prep and clamp it properly, it will be even stronger than before.

Good luck.
Billy

[always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.  e. e. cummings]