Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MARTONE WITH ALIEN 2.0 AND DV MARK MULTIAMP  (Read 6016 times)

Offline Martone

• http://www.davemartone.com
Martone

Re: MARTONE WITH ALIEN 2.0 AND DV MARK MULTIAMP

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 11:30:17 PM »
That's quite interesting - way lower cost than an Axe-FX, and with a power amp included. Here's an in-depth review:

http://www.tonymckenzie.com/dv-mark-multiamp-review.htm
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Noodler

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 07:38:08 AM »
That was an awesome video Dave.  You should do more in that same style (developing a piece of music while demonstrating a new piece of gear).  Very cool.

Offline simeon

• Homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 02:29:09 PM »
good video. the multiamp looks quite user friendly, but the high gain sounds aren't a patch on the axe fx II, imo

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 11:06:46 PM »
Great Video, great sounds.  Syber, I would not compare the DV amp with the Axe FX.  I don't think these units are aimed at the same market.  I think that in it's price range, the DVamp is a great solution.  Dave certainly can make it sound good.
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 11:38:26 PM »
Syber, I would not compare the DV amp with the Axe FX.  I don't think these units are aimed at the same market...

I know next to nothing about either product and am not even in the market, but I suspect many reviewers will end up comparing them. The review I linked to included comments like these: 'Find out if this amp can topple the Axe-FX series... the Multiamp is NOT a Kemper style of product, but far more like an Axe-FX (if someone was to make a comparison)... The MULTIAMP from DV-Mark fits nicely in the emulator/simulator park so is most likely to be compared against the Axe-FX products.'
'01 Fly Deluxe|'69 SG Standard|'69 EB-3|Pignose Strat|Savannah SGO-16CE|Fishman Aura Spectrum|Roland Amplifiers

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 03:57:10 AM »
Patzag: "Dave certainly can make it sound good."

I agree and I also think that that's the most important thing about any piece of gear. Not the price, not how many people are using it, not how many well known people like it, not how many positive or negative reviews it has, not by comparing it to similar or maybe not so similar products, and certainly not if anyone is trying to tell you it's crap. All of that can be factors of course but as long as it works for you and gets you where you want to go, it's right.

Brian May plays with a Sixpence instead of a pick. For most guitar players in the world using a coin with a serrated edge would feel and sound weird, scratchy, strange, and just plain wrong. But it sure works for him, doesn't it?

Greetings...
Nef

Offline Patzag

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 05:26:28 PM »
Syber, I would not compare the DV amp with the Axe FX.  I don't think these units are aimed at the same market...

I know next to nothing about either product and am not even in the market, but I suspect many reviewers will end up comparing them. The review I linked to included comments like these: 'Find out if this amp can topple the Axe-FX series... the Multiamp is NOT a Kemper style of product, but far more like an Axe-FX (if someone was to make a comparison)... The MULTIAMP from DV-Mark fits nicely in the emulator/simulator park so is most likely to be compared against the Axe-FX products.'

Understood.  Unfortunately, Tony MK loves to create controversy.  Not the place I go to to find out anything.
Teal Fly Classic 1998 / White Deluxe Hard Tail 1994 /Axe FX II

Offline sybersitizen

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 07:07:52 PM »

Understood.  Unfortunately, Tony MK loves to create controversy.  Not the place I go to to find out anything.

Google led me to his review - I know nothing about him either. Guess I'm in the dark on all counts. ;)