Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: newbie,mojo singlecut  (Read 1884 times)

Offline 63strat

newbie,mojo singlecut
« on: January 25, 2014, 03:44:50 PM »
Hi guys,
 I am new here.I just picked up a Parker Fly Mojo singlecut and love this thing.I stumbled upon parker when researching lightweight guitars so I bought a singlecut mojo in Toronto which was new, old stock.I love this thing,what a great guitar!!!! I have owned a ton of guitars and was into the vintage thing for awhile...63 strat(which I have still have),71 strat,66 tele,69 sg custom,67 335,60 les paul special,etc,...there has been many(more than 50),..but I love this guitar,lightweight,superfast action,great sounding,very unique looking(blue burst),...I love it so much I bought a 97 nitefly as a backup.So I ask the experts,what's the story with these,...I assume they did not sell well,strange no major player uses one,...how long were they manufactured?  cheers,I love the parkers now....great guitars

Re: newbie,mojo singlecut

Offline lucgravely

• the odds have it.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:33:48 AM »
I think when USM bought Parker this was their first attempt at getting a more "traditional" sound and also no annoying upper horn. I have one and will never sell it. That said I've been playing a Nitefly almost 90% of the time. The single coils seem to fit my sound better right now.
Luc Gravely
Parker Fly Mojo Singlecut
Parker NiteFly NV1
Mesa/Boogie Mark I
1966 Fender BandMaster
A few pedals...

Offline ioio

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 01:01:18 AM »

Congratulations to you, you get a great one, Start listening, is a little strange, me too, but it is so, but okay.
esky rc

Offline ZemanG2

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 09:27:27 AM »
The stuff I have read is they wanted to make a Les Paul style, others just a simple single cut, and the last to get rid of the upper horn. I think the two latter are more true. I loved my single cut, sadly my neck was warped and had a beautiful quilted maple top and a wonderful C neck ...sniff sniff... but to make it up I was give a prototype hehehehehe, yeah that thing will be passed down generations after I die. The thing is simply amazing. But it spends most of its time in the case, I play my Mojo Nitefly pretty much all the time, its just my baby, first Parker, and I love the sound of half wounds on it. In May I will play the singlecut.

If you ever can find one the PMOT, the last single cut is supposed to be amazing. C neck plus the ghost system, but it has the 3x3 headstock. The pm20Pro, and the pm24v are freaking sweet as well. Side by side I liked my pm20pro a tad more than my singlecut fly...but that might have more to do with the neck was crappy..
I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!