Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nitefly Alder: The Pearl and the Cherry  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Twanking45

Nitefly Alder: The Pearl and the Cherry
« on: June 10, 2014, 10:00:44 AM »
A few months back I purchased what looked to be a really great condition 2007 Nitefly Alder on eBay. It turned out to be the one owned by Mojotron, which he'd attempted to sell on this forum with no result.

At first I thought I would flip it for a bit of profit, but good lord it was a nice player--a solid guitar, so slick on the fingers, so resonant and one of the most comfortable electric guitars i have ever played. It was also unique in that the neck is not an average NF neck. Mojotron had said that the original neck had been a dud and the truss rod came apart. When he was furnished with another neck by the company, it was larger. Seriously, this thing reminds me of a 59 les paul.

Anyway, after starting to fall in love with th instrument I decided I could not sell it. I contacted Mojotron via email and he told me a bit about his minor tinkering with the guitar (new volume pot) and showed me some of his own custom made guitars. If you haven't seen Mojotron's work, ask him to show you. He's a truly talented guitar builder.

As good as the guitar felt to me, there were a couple of things I could not abide--the pickups, the color. The pickups did not sound half bad. They were Dimarzio velvets and, I think, a Norton Classic HB. Definitely better than stuff you get from a company like fender but I was looking for something else. Settled on two Lace single-coils (a light blue and a silver) and a Kinman Extra Vintage Astound (long name, good HB).

Color-wise, I probably could have lived with many different colors, but I really do not like cream white. Pearl white or arctic white would have been OK (until it aged and turned piss-yellow) but I just couldn't live with it the way it was. I sent it to Sharon and Lisa from Shazrock, who painted it a simple non-metallic Kosmic Red (kinda like Torino red). They even installed a Tremol-no for no additional work charge because I wanted to hard-tail it. Very cool folks, very personal customer service! They rock. Lastly, maybe due to an unexpected twinge of vanity, I put on new knobs from Q-Parts. This in now my number one with a bullet.

Anyway, check out the gallery here:
http://www.slickpic.com/share/NU4wFgNNYkNMz2/albums/NiteflyAlder/photo?view=8287816#8287816

Here's the link to Mojotron's original ad:
http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,14192.msg128710.html#msg128710

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:06:44 PM by Twanking45 »
>>---> TWANK <---<<

-Nitefly V3 (1997)
-Parker Deluxe (1996)

Re: Nitefly Alder: The Pearl and the Cherry

Offline Twanking45

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »
IF ANYONE IS HAVING TROUBLE SEEING THE GALLERY, LET ME KNOW
>>---> TWANK <---<<

-Nitefly V3 (1997)
-Parker Deluxe (1996)

Offline lucgravely

• the odds have it.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 07:34:48 AM »
Very nice!
Luc Gravely
Parker Fly Mojo Singlecut
Parker NiteFly NV1
Mesa/Boogie Mark I
1966 Fender BandMaster
A few pedals...

Offline mojotron

• http://www.mojotronics.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 02:16:21 PM »
That turned out great TWANK! Awesome balance of colors with the original bridge and pickguard.

Offline TinMachine

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »
Kinda looks like Fiesta red. Let's all go buy guitars that we don't like the colors on!

Offline Twanking45

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 05:02:52 PM »
a gorgeous instrument
>>---> TWANK <---<<

-Nitefly V3 (1997)
-Parker Deluxe (1996)